Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone tried Exposure Joystick Mk9?…thoughts
  • artsho
    Free Member

Pondering an Exposure Joystick Mk9 as a helmet light. Previously was put off by relative lack of lumens but now see the mk9 is 700 lumens (or 750 depending where you look) which i think is plenty. This version apparently has a wider beam pattern too and is pretty light at 87g.

Just wondering in anyone has actually tried one….seems to be a distinct lack of reviews of the mk9 on the web

br
    Free Member

I’ve a lot earlier one, mk5 I think and all of 300 lumens.

Used for the last 4 or so years and still works well; I’m looking at changing it for something more powerful.

But, it’ll do over 2 hours on full power, and over 4 hours with the piggyback battery.

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah I have brilliant with my new 1200 lumen race on bars fantastic combination at just £300

iainc

I have one, which replaced a MK7. It is very floody, with no discernable spot. I pair it with 1600lumens MaxxD and its a good setup. I missed the spot at first but quickly get used to it just filling in the gaps in the bar light flood. Need to toggle the power to get 2.5 hrs out of it. In summary I like it !

artsho
    Free Member

Sounding good…thanks for the replies. I think i’ll go for it….It’ll be paired with a Gemini Olympia on the bars which i think is prob about 1500 lumens so similar to the setups you guys are liking

Aidan
    Free Member

If you have any worries about lack of lumens, how about a Diablo?

I’ve done lots of riding + racing with mine and it’s been flawless. On medium power, it’s like a Joystick. If you need some extra oomph, you can turn it up to full.

gribble
    Free Member

I have a diablo (few years old now). Sounds like joystick is almost as powerful. I say go for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried Exposure Joystick Mk9?…thoughts’ is closed to new replies.