Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone tried cheap bluetooth headphones?
  • dannybgoode

Particularly the sports type. Need a pair for running and places like TK Maxx have them for around £15-are they any good or should I be spending more.

If I should be spending more what’s the hive recommendation?

steve-g
    Free Member

Oh snap, I need some of these. Posting to make sure I check back later

nickb

One of the guys in my office bought these on Amazon for about £13. He runs with them and reckons they are very good:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013WHQA6U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mahalo

you get what you pay for. a bit more expensive but these are on my list to santa… https://www.urbanears.com/ue_gb_en/hellas

prawny

I had some £16 taotronics ones for a couple of years until I sat on them and snapped the ear bud off. Sad times, honestly some of the best headphones I’ve ever had.

These, if youre interested

Rio

Tried the cheap ones (Soundpeats I think), they were ok but cut out a lot. Usual recommendation for something worth having is Plantronics Backbeat Fit.

me1tdown
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some of these. I ran all the other similar priced headphones through fakespot and these came out on top. And they’re slightly cheaper than most of the other models and it all adds up!

I love BT headphones, i’ve got a big ‘DJ’ style pair I wear around the house for a couple of hours every day.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

Had the plantronics backbeat fit and they were great, they don’t seal or cut out background noise which means they’re good for runners etc. but I had to crank them right up to drown out the awful music in the gym. Sadly they jumped out of my rucksack somewhere in Wales.

Now using the soundpeats q9, they’re fine. Seal better than the plantronics because of the silicone ear pieces. Normally work without issue in the gym, out in the open on the bike if my phone is in my backpack the connection sometimes gets a bit iffy but I’m still using them 9 months+ on.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

oh and the noise cancelling on the mic on the Soundpeats sucks so as headphones they’re ok, a headset for phone calls, not so good.

Cougar

All those look to be the type that block outside noise; I’d have thought that would be an undesirable feature when out running?

prawny

Not really, unless you’re in a dodgy area or you don’t think deaf people should run 😉

baldiebenty
    Free Member

The backbeats look like they block out outside noise but they don’t. They sort of sit in the ear and direct the sound in but don’t seal to the ear or at least they didn’t for me and I’ve seen other reviews that say the same thing.
    The soundpeats do seal and block out noise, different earpiece material.

Cougar

unless you’re in a dodgy area

Ok, let me reword that.

I live in East Lancashire. Scrotes to the left of me, Stravas to the right and here I am struck in a canal full of poo.

For me, it would be an undesirable feature when out running.

prawny

In that case, I’d leave my phone at home and not wear headphones at all.

Garmin do some pretty unattractive GPS watches for reasonable money.

martymac

Ive used some tesco ones (kit sound)? They sound fine, dont cut out or anything,
    BUT, for me they just aren’t comfortable at all, and they slip out regularly, when sitting on the couch.
    They were around £18.

wilburt
    Free Member

I have some I ordered from Amazon, they work as they should and feel well made but.. I prefer my old wired type around the ears fitting sonys. There less faff, dont need charging, sound is as good probably better, never fall out and if I want to take one out the wire stops them going far and no connection problems just plug em in.

In fact despite working as they should no one in the house seems intrested and headphones frequently change hands around here.

dannybgoode

@willburt-if they were for home use they’d be a pair of Beyerdynamic T1 gen 2’s to replace my T90’s.

These are strictly for running and to connect to my smartwatch so need to be bluetooth…

dannybgoode

I’ve ended up with a pair of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DT0191Q/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_zq.tyb0FH7YCW

Don’t know why amazon are showing pre-order. Argos have them in for the same price.

Seem to fit my ears well and sound perfectly good enough for running. Decent price too.

Mackem

12 pound things from Tesco, had about 3 months, been fine.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I got some from Aldi about a year ago for £8
    They’ve been fine. Sound is OK and they’ve never cut out. Battery life is good.
    2 issues though; I had to superglue one bud back to the main body becuase it kept falling off. Been fine since though.#
    The cable between the phones that goes round the back of your neck is also really annoying. It would go down the inside of my top and then pull on the buds in my ears. Really irritating. I shortened it by folding the cable at the ends and using a freezer bag twist tie to hold it there. Still had the problem, so now run with the cable hanging under my chin. Problem solved.

spudly1979
    Free Member

i’ve been using these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016KEO7M6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for a few months whilst out riding with no issues. Sound quality is ok, they haven’t ever had any issues with losing bluetooth, and are just about ok for phone calls. Bit fiddly as the buttons are very small when you have gloves on, but overall i’m pretty happy.

I did see a review of these recently:
    https://kinivo.com/product/bth260-premium-bluetooth-sport-headphones/

which was very positive, and the specs look decent, but they look pretty bloody big and heavy, although over ear rather than in ear which might be better for biking?

mogrim

I’ve got some of the in-ear bud style headphones, no problem with quality or the connection dropping out, but when you get sweaty they (slowly) fall out, and the slight extra weight of the BT controller makes it worse. The type that have a clip thing that fits over your ear would be better.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried cheap bluetooth headphones?’ is closed to new replies.