Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone tried an Avalanche cart in Fox 34's? Push Linkage + CCDB on Nomad?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I have some 13 Fox 34 Talas CTD’s and although the uphill and trail performace is good – im not so sold on them when using them for DH. Now I know they are not a DH specific fork and that I’ve probably been spoilt by the performance of Fox 40’s but I’m looking to improve them as I spend more time DH’ing on my Nomad than I ever will climbing.

Wondering if anyone has tried the Avalanche Advantage fork kit ?

Just wondering if I should try a different cart or just suck up the loss on the CTD’s and buy some BOS Devilles…

Like I said the 34’s are a great fork I just spend more time riding DH than Climbing.

The second part of the question is has anyone had TF supply a PUSH linkage and custom CCDB for a carbon Nomad?

Again Fox CTD shock is great but I ride more DH and want a plusher coil ride!

banks
    Free Member

Just ditch the talas bit and go float, FiT Floats should be mint, if not then go Avy!

LoCo
    Free Member

2014 upgrade on CTD cart will improve things

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I had heard that Fox had ‘improved’ the cart already which leaves a bit of a bitter taste for anyone who had just bought ’13’s.

Any idea what sort of money a 2014 upgrade is?

gibbonarms
    Free Member

TF has supplied 2 custom CCDB’s and push linkages, I sent my push linkage back as the original advert text didnt make it clear that it would work with my CCDB.

messiah
    Free Member

As I’ve posted elsewhere my Avy fork kit in a 55 RC3 Ti fork performs much better than the similar kit in my Float 36… could be a problem with my Float fork or an air spring thing: Craig at Avalanche did tell me the coil fork would feel better.

Shock wise I would do what I did and buy a DHX Air and get Craig to work his magic on it… much better than the coil CCDB I had.

Alternatively (and contraversially) get a frame with a decent length top tube, lower bottom bracket and slacker head angle 😉

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Are you now running the CCDB and Push link or just the CCDB. I know the push link itself is C. £150. Do you mind me asking what the damage a custom CCDB was and what was custom about it?

How does the CCDB perform on the Nomad?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Alternatively (and contraversially) get a frame with a decent length top tube, lower bottom bracket and slacker head angle

Does a V10 Carbon count coz I’ve got one of them already… 😛 😆

The Nomad, which for me with long legs and a shortish body, has a perfectly acceptable top tube. Just want to make it more downhill, with the ability to go uphill if absolutely necessary!

Ive always prefered the feel of coil over air – I’ll have to check out the options for rear shock mods. If tried the advantage carts before but only in a coil boxxer. Did feel damn good however.

cubemeup
    Free Member

a few people have said that about the fox 34’s 2013, mate of mine added extra fluid to the one chamber. said it worked better.

if your doing more DH then a CCDB is a no brainer if you ask me. if your ok with all the setting on CCDB and got the cash then get it.

i run a DSP Dueler on my nomad and feels much better than the RP23 kashima that came with it

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

cubemeup
    i run a DSP Dueler on my nomad and feels much better than the RP23 kashima that came with it

Do you use a PUSH link with a rising rate to drive the coil shock or just the standard link designed for the air shock?

cubemeup
    Free Member

jus the standard link, TBH i am not really that clued up on things like push links etc

simon tuned it for me

would a push link make mush difference?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

The Push link was described to me as having an ‘Agressive rising rate to drive a coil shock’ from what I understand the standard link is relatively linear as it is the air shock compression rate that ramps up through the travel.

cubemeup
    Free Member

pmsl sorry pal i just spat my coffee over my PC!! i would like to think i knew what you was on about but that to me is like reading Arabic.

i need to sit down and learn about suspension i think

waldo1
    Free Member

The best upgrade i made to my nomad c was a push link and pushed rc4.
    Wanted to try the link with other shocks but it never happened.
    With the standard link I tried ctd trail ad, rocco, and ccdb.
    With the link it was a totally different feel.
    I originally had 55rc3 ti’s on the bike but fairly soon went a bought another pair of deville 170 s.
    Awesome.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

How does it ride with the 170mm Devilles? Not too slack?

Im curently tempted by 160mm Devilles and a Push link + CCDB. Though I guess 170mm could give a little extra travel.

cubemeup
    pmsl sorry pal i just spat my coffee over my PC!!

Hope there is not permenant damage 😛 😆

waldo1
    Free Member

I ran a -1.5 with the marz which was too slack for most trails. With the deville I used a straight ec headset. I was going to slack it out maybe -1 which would have been about right for me but sold the nomad.
    The nomad has a relativity long cs which also extends slightly under compression so going too slack makes it feel like it doesn’t want to turn.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried an Avalanche cart in Fox 34's? Push Linkage + CCDB on Nomad?’ is closed to new replies.