Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone tried a Minion SS on the front?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried the SS as a front tyre?
    Ride, mostly, hard packed trails now it’s drying out. Some off-camber grassy stuff too..
    Will I die in a ball of no-braking flames?

honourablegeorge

Do you ever have the need to stop on this off-camber grassy stuff?

stevied
    Free Member

Not ‘normally’…

chiefgrooveguru

It’s really great on the back. It’s pretty square in profile and has the slickest centre tread of all the new semi-slick tyres. If you always go into corners at just the right speed you’ll be fine! 😉

jruk
    Free Member

You’ll be fine. Wet off camber grass and roots won’t be a problem *if* you hit them fast and have a mate recording you for a sick editz.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Are you psycotic?!

chiefgrooveguru

I’m sure I heard of Brendog running Rock Razors front and rear for trail riding but it’s more knobbly than the Minion SS, he corners off the rear tyre and he’s a little more skilled than most!

stevied
    Free Member

There’ll be no ‘wet’ off camber grass tonight…and yes, maybe I am a little 😳

stevied
    Free Member

Can happily report that I am still alive and thoroughly impressed with the SS.
    Very fast rolling and really easy to push hard into corners, especially off camber.

chiefgrooveguru

Glad you didn’t die! 😉 I’m really liking it on the back though I think a DHR2 is quicker for me on steeper trails. What have you got on the rear?

stevied
    Free Member

Ardent Race on the back. There’s one track we do which is very steep, off camber, loamy, rooty and it didn’t put a foot wrong 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

Ardent Race on the back. There’s one track we do which is very steep, off camber, loamy, rooty and it didn’t put a foot wrong

Skillz kudos! I need to brake less…

zelak999
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack the thread but what are they like in the damp/wetter conditions that we experience?
    Thinking of running one on the back with a HRii on the front.

stevied
    Free Member

Cheers CGG 😳 Smooth, predicted braking is required.
    Not tried it on the back as it’s a different wheel size. My mate tried one and it was OK. My Ardent race was gripping when his SS was not.

muggomagic

CGG reply when asked last night if he’d put a Minion SS on the front made me chuckle 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried a Minion SS on the front?’ is closed to new replies.