Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone tried 3 light sources for riding…
  • Padowan
    Free Member

At the moment I'm running a light on the bars and a light on my head and this gives good illumination of where the bars are pointing and where I'm looking, all great.

I was wondering about putting a 3rd light onto the headtube so that it points in the direction the bike is moving too – perhaps a flood pointing in the direction of travel short distance, a medium throw on the bars a bit further down the trail and a spot on the lid?

Anyone tried this? Cars and Motorbikes have their headlights pointing that way, so why not a bike?

swiss01
    Free Member

sounds like a plan. let us know how you get on. more lights is good lights

GaryLake
    Free Member

I have P7 torch on head, P7 on bars, Hope Vision single on bars. I point the vision further ahead as it has a decent throw but not much flood, the P7 pointing more in front.

Interest idea about head tube mounting but not sure how I'd do it given I'm on a Five LOL

jim
    Free Member

I may be being thick but aren't the bars generally pointing in the direction you're travelling?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Jim, slower speed corners or technical climbs when the bars are going left and right a lot?

Padowan
    Free Member

slower speed corners or technical climbs when the bars are going left and right a lot?

Exackery! The higher the speed the less noticable the 3rd light would be.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yeah but some riding elements require proper turning of the bars – switchbacks, techy climbs, local squirrelly/stealth trails which are hilariously slow and twisty in places.

Smee
    Free Member

But surely you should be looking where you're going anyway – so the head light will take care of those duties.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried 3 light sources for riding…’ is closed to new replies.