Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Anyone totally not doing Le Tour?
  • natrix
    Free Member

Heading up to London to watch it. Probably spend some time at the Trafalgar square fan park and then head to Waterloo bridge for the publicity caravan and riders.

igm

I think…
    TdF gala dinner in Leeds on Friday (not absolutely certain on that yet but looking good)
    Tourmaker on Saturday
    Camping at a friends on Saturday night to watch it pass their drive on Sunday

Complaining about the inconvenience on Monday

TomB

+1 dales bike centre. Currently making yellow bunting for the campervan with the kids, and trying not to be too excited! Miserable sods can keep away!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I know a few people ‘boycotted’ the Olympics on various grumpy grounds, thus missing out on being a part of something a bit special. We paid an exorbitant amount to camp on a cricket ground right on the road race route and had a fantastic time.

It’s not 30 seconds of lycra blurring past, its a festival celebrating the sport we love that the wider public is getting enthused about. If every ‘plastic’ fan comes away slightly more tolerant of the next cyclist they meet on the road then its worthwhile right there.

wl
    Free Member

Will walk 400 yards to watch the crowds and soak up the atmosphere but the cycling couldn’t interest me less, same as 99% of the spectators.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I’m going to watch it in Kettlewell, then I’ll go for a walk

mrsflash
    Free Member

Dales Bike Centre here too. The boy is very excited about the Lego Movie and the bouncy castle. Not so much about the bike bike race.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ll see you in Leeds hopefully Tony..

firestarter
    Free Member

It passes a couple of mile from my house but I’m at work 🙁

ton

nice one Nick.
    Mick, I will have a shandy for you……. 8)

postierich
    Free Member

Might pull a sickie and ride to butter tubs via Hawes/Sedburgh have several friends going staying at mine so on the beer friday night which will probably make me ill!

discoduck
    Free Member

although discoduck’s turn of phrase could be viewed as slightly unrefined to some, I did find his post painted a delightful picture in my mind’s eye

It’s gone !
    I must have upset a grown up somewhere ?

Think compo &. Cleggy !
    Stood at a dry stone wall moaning for 6 hours to watch a bunch of professional cheaters whizz past !

And where in Wales !

CYB on Sat, Le Beast ! As I’m feeling slightly continental !

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers Tony 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Nope won’t be out to see any of it, I’ll out riding though. I watch the highlights on telly.

Euro
    Free Member

Totally not me. The Giro went 200m from my house last month. I wasn’t intending to go but i got bullied into it by my father (once in a lifetime event and all that), so i went and watched. It was shit* 😀

* The convoy of estate cars was the highlight.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Can’t wait. Will be at Meadow hall for stage 2 finish. Biggest bike race in the world and its coming to Yorkshire
    Watched the Tour of Britain coming over Cannock Chase a couple of years back and the atmosphere was fantastic

boxelder

MTBing over from Settle way to W’Dale, then back, for refuelling and TV highlights.
    Gonna be crap, wish I didn’t have to…..etc……rip off …….etc…….

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Anyone totally not doing Le Tour?’ is closed to new replies.