Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Anyone totally not doing Le Tour?
  • ton

anyone going out of their way to avoid the tour?
    no queues, no rip off prices for food/beer, no waiting for hours at a view point, to see it whizz past in 60 seconds.

jam-bo

it won’t be too hard to avoid in devon. so no.

Drac

Not hard to avoid at a chilli festival in Northumberland.

I had the chance to work it but decided I’d have weekend off for once.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lifer
    Free Member

Miserable bellend

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

There is a whole world outside of Yorkshire, Ton.

ton

There is a whole world outside of Yorkshire, Ton.

ha ha, yeah right………… 😆

andymc06
    Free Member

I’m going all the way to the Alps with The White Room to avoid it 8) 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It starts at about 11pm so it’s quite easy. That said I did stay up and watch the 1st stage last year as a mate needed his home brew emptying and we wanted to know if the bus would be moved.

Although anyone who declares that they are “Avoiding” something that they simply could ignore without telling the world that they are AVOIDING it to make themselves sound better/cooler/more special should be avoided at all costs.

BoardinBob

I’ll be emulsioning the walls and watching them dry instead as it’s more interesting

ton

I, myself am not avoiding it. I am gonna be on the start line in sunny Leeds, taking in the atmosphere, acting all continental……. 8)

rusty90
    Free Member

Anyone totally not doing Le Tour?

Wiggins?

nedrapier

It’ll be coming past the pub opposite my office on Monday afternoon.

I think it would be best if I get there early to bags a spot.

soobalias
    Free Member

where you going discoduck.

im also heading to wellishland for a couple of days riding. Love LeTour, but cant say im that interested in seeing a 30second flash of colour particularly.

if i ever find myself in the pyranees in July, might be different

tomhoward

Bradley Wiggins.

Houns

Me. I was going to GT on stag do but instead I’ll be resting up after the snip.

djglover
    Free Member

Hard to avoid in Ilkley, as we are locked down, so we will watch it whizz past and then go to then go look at the various things going on in town that are tenuously (at best) linked to TdF, like a pop up cinema screening Frozen and the Lego Movie and a funfair??!

IHN

I’ll be heading to Ilkley to watch Frozen, Le Tour will be a bonus

Northwind

No interest to me tbh, it’s as connected to my cycling as wimbledon is. Did ride up a tour climb once, it was shit and boring, watching other people doing it is shitter and boringer 😉 Though also shorter so it’s got that in its favour

andymc06
    Free Member

If that comment was for me Mike, I’m just excited about my trip which is at the same time as the tour. Sorry if that offended you!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@andymc06, nope it was for ton, there is something special about coming to the internet to tell everyone how you will be avoiding something 🙂

I’d rather be heading out the the white room instead of a lot of things.

brant
    Free Member

anyone going out of their way to avoid the tour?
    no queues, no rip off prices for food/beer, no waiting for hours at a view point, to see it whizz past in 60 seconds.

You went to the Magic Spanner bar!

Hardly avoiding things 🙂

stoffel
    Free Member

Probably going to incoprorate it into a bike ride. Meet up with some friends, have a natter, watch it whizz past, then go and get something to eat/drink without being ‘ripped off’. Fortunately I don’t have to live inYorkshire. 😉

andymc06
    Free Member

Ah fair enough! 🙂

I think Ton is bored this week. He’s starting a lot of threads!! 🙂

ton

it was for ton

I, myself am not avoiding it. I am gonna be on the start line in sunny Leeds, taking in the atmosphere, acting all continental…….

😆

also, I may be rollapaluzaing on the start line.

ton

You went to the Magic Spanner bar!

Hardly avoiding things

how did you know,are you a spy? 😆

yunki
    Free Member

although discoduck’s turn of phrase could be viewed as slightly unrefined to some, I did find his post painted a delightful picture in my mind’s eye 🙂

andytherocketeer

what channel is it on, on the gogglebox? ITV4? or Eurosport at a totally different time to that in the schedules (highly likely, since tennis is on too) ?

the-muffin-man

I’ll start watching on telly when it gets to the proper mountains.

As for traipsing to Yorkshire to stand on the road side for hours on end just to see a quick glimpse of the peleton and a load of trucks and cars – sod that!

tenfoot

Seen it for myself a couple of times in the past when it went through Kent. I won’t be going out of my way to watch it live, but always look forward to seeing it on the tellybox. It’s why I keep my sky multiroom up.

jonba
    Free Member

I’ll be missing it. Friend is coming over from Texas to get married so I’ll be there on Saturday and then walking on Sunday in the lakes.

Hoping it’ll be like the walk we did last year on Wimbeldon final day. Rare you get a sunny day in a popular bit of the lakes with no one else around. Going to do the Fairfield Horseshoe.

kimbers

moi, but

a) im not a fan of radie stuff

b) i live in that london

c) im off to france next week for the mega

hilldodger
    Free Member

take more than the chance to watch a bunch of shaven legged druggies ride their bikes to tempt me “oop north”
    Bet there won’t even be free pies 😕

hatter

Can’t make it to Yorkshire sadly but will be watching as much of the coverage as I can and I will be on the Mall on Monday to watch messirs Kittel & Cavendish duke it out.

Should be ace.

So no, I’m not doing a very good job of avoiding it at all.

Whilst I’m more of a Giro man on balance the TDF is equally mental in its’ own way and I love it, just hope we get a proper fight all the way to Paris this year.

Viva la Tour! ‘coolness’ be damned!

funklenut
    Free Member

I can see the Bradfield bit from our top room window, but I’ll be downstairs watching the F1.

I’ve just bought a road bike this week, but I have no interest in watching others ride past. It’s odd as I have non riding mates asking if I fancy going into town to watch at the finish, err no thanks!

s1m0n
    Free Member

Kind of doing most things I can to avoid avoiding it.

Work in central Leeds so might watch the open procession tomorrow evening down the Headrow and am watching the start on Saturday and will be in London on Monday for the finish.

Can’t wait.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s odd as I have non riding mates asking if I fancy going into town to watch at the finish, err no thanks!

Never quite understand this. If a bunch of mates invited me out, to a massive party, on a scale that the town I’m in may not see see again in my lifetime, to see what was going on and maybe shout and cheer for a bit it wouldn’t really matter to me if I wasn’t overwhelmingly interested in the sport at the centre of it all. That is pretty much always going to be more fun than watching telly.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Dales Bike Centre for kids’ bike races, bouncy castles, food, beer and Lego movie on Thursday, Friday, Saturday then watching it go past our house on Sunday.

Have cycled the routes, kids have been doing topics on it and making flags etc at school.

Safe to say we’re fairly excited about the whole thing and treating it as a holiday.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We have the farm converted over to a campsite for both tents and campers and we’re full.
    I’m off to Harrogate tomorrow evening to help put the final touches, light the Pizza Oven and set the music to On.
    Then I’m heading to the Stray to watch the boys come home, and head back to the farm for light refreshments of Black Sheep.

Then on Sunday morning (early), well I’m off to Switzerland where I hope to find a few hills of my own to tap a rhythm out on. 8)

tenfoot

If a bunch of mates invited me out, to a massive party, on a scale that the town I’m in may not see see again in my lifetime, to see what was going on and maybe shout and cheer for a bit it wouldn’t really matter to me if I wasn’t overwhelmingly interested in the sport at the centre of it all. That is pretty much always going to be more fun than watching telly.

+1. When the Tour came through Maidstone a few years back, I walked into town to see it. Best part was the atmosphere. The place was buzzing.

akira

I’m driving to Yorkshire then looking in the opposite direction as they go past just so I can complain about all the inconvenience its causing me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Anyone totally not doing Le Tour?’ is closed to new replies.