Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone thinking of getting a rescue dog?
  • Pembo
    Free Member

Shameless plug for Greyhounds. Our died in January aged 10 and the staff at tia do a great job trying to find homes for the many Greyhounds that are just abandoned because they lose a yard of pace or get injured. This time next year we will be getting another.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Where are you based?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I want a whippet, mini greyhound beasts. Already have the flat cap!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Just checked and you’re too far away for me to have a look. My partner and I are thinking of getting a dog and I’d love a Whippet. Shame 🙁

Pembo
    Free Member

I’m based in cheshire but Tia are in hebden bridge. They also have some accommodation so you can spend a weekend in the company of the dogs before you make a decision to take one.

wither2000
    Free Member

There’s DAWG in Bristol if you’re in the south-west. Greyhounds make great pets – only want short walks and then curl up on the sofa most of the time.

mogrim

Spanish version

Wife doesn’t want another dog, but one day I will have a greyhound 8)

garage-dweller

Greyhounds will almost certainly join our house later this year all being well. Want to get our building work finished and summer holiday done first then thinking we will have a pair.

Haven’t had a dog for nearly four years but now feels like we are in a position where it will be easier again and our two boys love them.

Andy

Dog sitting a retired racing grey hound this weekend and Murphy is adorable. He’s not used to a bit of love and attention and so just wants a cuddle all the time and loves a game with a squeaky toy. Funny to watch a 4 foot long dog jump around the sitting room after a furry toy with the agility of a cat. My Staffy is completely bemused by the whole thing although she can stand easily under Murphy which is incredibly space saving. Need to get a photo of nesting dogs :).

Adorable dog would recommend to anyone. Also need 2 minutes exercise running in a wide open space in the morning and then spend the day fast asleep so good for working folk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone thinking of getting a rescue dog?’ is closed to new replies.