Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone taking advantage of this break in the weather today?
  • momo

I got fed uP of staring out of the window at work this morning, so have booked the afternoon off. Bikes all loaded up going to bag a cheeky mid week lap of sherwood in the sunshine, can’t wait!

sputnik
    Free Member

I’m about to. Just finishing a coffee and I’m out for a couple of hours 🙂

stumpy01

Wow! Nice one. Wish I could take the afternoon off.

But I am going out for a pootle this evening, and it should still be warm.
    Amazing weather!!

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah, 30 miles on the road bike. It was alright but really windy in places and now my right knee hurts as it always does after a road ride! Got a 4 day weekend so I’m off to Woburn tomorrow for a proper ride 🙂

binners

Pfft! I just wish you lot would show a bit of gratitude. I’ve commuted in for the last two days. It has of course lashed down the whole time

Today I decided not too, and took the car. With predictable results, weather-wise. You all bloody owe me! 🙁

Straight out into th’ills tonight though. Yay! 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

binners, to avoid future weather planning failures…

http://bbc.co.uk/weather

😉

Depressingly sat here looking out the window at the lovely weather. Waiting for 5:30pm & ride time!

dabble
    Free Member

Just about to shut my laptop and head out for a couple hours on my local loop, booyah!

joao3v16
    Free Member

I just need to stick it out until 4, then I’m on the bike to commute home … probably via a convoluted route to make the most of the good weather … shame I can’t get out to some trails today. hey-ho.

Bregante

Pfft! I just wish you lot would show a bit of gratitude.

This in my case.
    I should have been off today and tomorrow however, due to the lovely inhabitants of the sleepy hamlet where I work, I, out of the goodness of my own heart (and a little bit of O.T) I VOLUNTEERED to work NIGHTS* all week to stop the misunderstood little darlings from stealing anything they can (including bikes) from sheds, garages, kitchens, bank vaults or anywhere else they happen to find their way into at 3o’clock in the morning.

*I agreed to this when I though the weather would likely be pants anyway. 😉

Typical

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Tropical out there at the moment. Training session over at Twicks so heading off soon for an evening loop.

Drac

See you need to move up North, we had a light shower yesterday morning other than that been lovely for about a week. Actually don’t move you might bring the bad weather with you.

nuke

Just off out 😀

LapSteel
    Free Member

Rode to Asda and back at lunch time :-)…..better than nothing!
    It was very warm…

binners

We all appreciate it though mate. I bet you long for the Nu Labour days, don’t you? Where they’d pack all the little scamps off on Safari or something. Then back, full with stories, they’d willingly engage with their local community and spend their days helping little old ladies across the road

Happy days eh?

SiB
    Free Member

seven mile normal route in to work using merseyrail to get to other side of Mersey (liverpool side). Will be getting Ferry cross the Mersey homeward bound then round the Wirral Way to Parkgate…..about 15miles around the coast but unfortunately very very flat.

Lookign forward to getting home to take dogs out over dry fields.

Roll on the summer, winter is crap

MicArms

Just had to make do with a 30 mile loop over to the Clent hills and back..
    Weather was crap… just pure sunshine! Even put on my fingerless gloves…oh the decadance!!

antigee

a lunchtime ride – unusual wild life out in the sun:

matthew_h
    Free Member

Just back from a couple of hours up round Strines on the rad bike. Nice ride out with my wife.

bish

Nope, too busy fixing peoples bikes so they can go out and enjoy the weather. Incosiderate so and so’s!

momo

Thanks Binners, was a great ride, dry and dusty trails and warm enough to ride in t-shirt and shorts.

Roll on summer when every ride will be like this!

sparkyrhino

Got so jealous reading the comments on this topic ,thought sod it i will go for a blast ,shame i forgot i was in a bt transit van now stuck on a steep rock garden.ah well .awsome lights though. 😯

hugor
    Free Member

What weather break?
    Yesterday in Cardiff was cold and raining, today was cold and windy!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone taking advantage of this break in the weather today?’ is closed to new replies.