• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by thv3.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone taken a bike on Sleazyjet this summer yet? Helmet question ;-)
  • rascal
    Free Member

I know it’s been done to death but previous threads are fairly old.
    Not sure what to do with my full face lid. Used to be a bit hot & miss on whether you could take one on as part of your hand baggage.
    Has anyone put theirs in with their bike and not been challenged/question/damaged during this summer?
    Going Luton to Geneva by the way…

Cheers (and sorry for yet another Alps-orientated thread!)

legend
    Free Member

Wear it, job done

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Always put my lid in the bike bag. Sits nicely in the front triangle

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    augustuswindsock

Take it as hand luggage every time!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’ve always carried lids on, bike and ski. Have you seen what happens to baggage once you hand it over?!

My Mrs packed her ski lid inside fleeces and a well padded bag and it arrived with a massive dent in it.

therag
    Free Member

Carried it on as hand luggage hanging from rucksack last week. No problems at Bristol or Geneva.
    Bike box was slightly overweight too stuffed with gear but fine at both airports.

beej

Hand luggage every time, probably 20+ flights over the years with Easyjet.

Furious

Got back yesterday, carried mine as hand luggage (clipped to my rucksack). No problems either way. This was Manchester to Geneva and back.

Although, should have thrown it in the bin as I’ve just noticed the crack from the big crash I had…

rascal
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.
    It’s coming in the cabin with me then with armour, Camelbak and shoes in with the bike.

MrNice
    Free Member

depends what the bike is travelling in. Mine went in with the bike last time but that was in a hard case. Would be in my hand if I used a soft bike bag.

coogan
    Free Member

I always take it with my hand luggage.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, hand luggage – in it’s little bag, I put my book and boarding pass in there too.

After-all, should the (nearly) worst ever happen and the pilot tells everyone to brace for an emergency landing, you’ll be glad of it. 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

I always stick it in my Evoc bike bag, not had a problem yet. Figured trying to stuff it into an overhead compartment along with 10 other people fighting for the same space would be more stress than it’s worth (also on a couple of flights I’ve been told I need to check in my hand luggage due to lack of space, that would worry me if the helmet was just clipped on).

thv3
    Free Member

I always stick it in my Evoc bike bag, not had a problem yet.

+1 Was fine a couple of weeks ago from Edinburgh

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone taken a bike on Sleazyjet this summer yet? Helmet question ;-)’ is closed to new replies.