Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone switched from sky to virgin?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

How do you find it in comparison?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have, but I don’t personally watch a lot of telly, the wife & kids do though 😉
    They are great to deal with as a company, unlike Sky, I switched about 8 or 9 years a go after I asked Sky if they could match the new subscriber deal as I was out of contract & wanted to renew, they said I couldn’t & after I told them that if they wouldn’t then I would cancel & for them not to try & call me back to offer me money off after the cancellation. Guess what, the day after they called me back to offer me a better deal than the new subscriber one, I told them to Foxtrot Oscar as I can’t arbour stand that kind of customer service & I won’t return no matter what the offer!

Anyway despite the above Virgin BB is just plain betterer 😉

HTH.

theotherjonv

I’ve just switched from virgin to sky because virgin’s service and customer service was so dreadful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sc-xc

Virgin are second only to Npower when it comes to not giving a shit about their customers.

Sandwich

Been with Virgin for years. Top tip ring 150 for help between 9 and 5 you should get through to a UK call centre who are very helpful. My 100Mb internet is currently testing at 105 or greater, which is nice.
    The TIVO box allows me to have Eurosport playing at work handy for the Tour.
    Phone costs can be ruinous if you ring abroad regularly without a call plan (£12 for 20 minutes to France).

sc-xc

Just wait until you get the ‘HDMI not available’ message on your TiVo box. A known problem they can’t be arsed to fix.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Switched to Virgin a few years back. Had to go crawling back to sky after a month or so of simply the worst customer service I’d ever experienced. It was a pity really, as the fibre broadband was fantastic, but slightly problematic given that it fell on its arse as soon as the tv-box was switched on (not just downloading…just on). They threatened me with various stuff when I told them I was cancelling the direct debit and they could come and collect their box and bits, but in the end they just cancelled everything when yet another conversation ended in laughter. I also reckon that Sky still has the edge with the guide, Sky+, remote record, Sky Atlantic, etc but the TiVo box may have changed that a bit. I’d have to be really really really unhappy before I’d give them another try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone switched from sky to virgin?’ is closed to new replies.