• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Anyone swapped the uppers of SDG Bel Air saddles?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I've gone an bought an SDG Bel Air off of someone on ebay that turns out to be cro-mo railed rather than titanium (despite being told that it was titanium). I'm hoping to get the issue resolved but assuming that I get stuck with it or he accepts a lesser offer, is it possible to remove the upper and fit it in place of the upper on my current ti. railed Bel Air?

All the Bel Airs I've owned have had allen headed bolts on the underside that look as if they're bolting the lowers and uppers together, in which case swapping the uppers looks feasible. However if things are bonded with adhesive too I could end up damaging both saddles. I was wondering whether anyone had done this.

It does seem a faff, but despite claims to the contrary, I swear that my ti. railed Bel Airs are significantly comfier than their Cro-Mo railed versions (there's significat flex in the ti. rails when squeezed between thumb and forefinger but virtually none with the Crom-Mo ones).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Anyone swapped the uppers of SDG Bel Air saddles?’ is closed to new replies.