Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone stuck zero tabs in their bladder?
  • adamhood
    Free Member

Was just wondering if anyone has used high 5 zero tabs in their water bladder? And was it easy to clean out, or did it wreck the bladder and are always stuck with the taste?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Yes, no.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

+1

(In the spirit of keeping it brief 🙂 )

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    superfli
    Free Member

Often and its fine

flap_jack
    Free Member

Certainly the bottles I’ve used it in taste of it forever.

And they are useless…

adamhood
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback 🙂

oldnick

“And they are useless…”

Dear Torq, given that I ride partly to burn calories I feel that my use of isotonic tabs is quite reasonable.

Yours, a person that realises that Zero calories won’t fuel me 🙄

badbob
    Free Member

use high5 zero, its fine, and they work for the intended purpose, IE: i dont get cramp

Freester

Yes. I mixed the liquid up in a bidon before.

mt
    Free Member

Use em in bladder and bottles all fine. “Useless”. My ar……posteria.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes I use zeros and really only to flavour the water and not as a supplement for anything. Do they taste the bladder, no but then I drain the bladder after each use and flush with water..

mattg123
    Free Member

Surprised no one has mentioned NUUN tabs, I’ve done a fair few long fell races & they worked a lot better for me at fending off cramps than Zero. Much nicer flavours too (Grape is my fav, tastes like a slush puppy but avoid the Cola at all costs).

theotherjonv

Saying they are useless – that’s a misrepresentation of the torq article to be fair. They are useless AS AN ENERGY SOURCE. For making water taste nicer, and therefore more likely that I’ll drink it, they’re pretty good. And very handy, if I’m on a long ride I’ll carry a tube of these and replenish rather than set off for rides with a 3ltr bladder and 2x750ml bottles weighing me down. Bottles and bladders here, no issues, just rinse after and store the bladder in the freezer.

mt
    Free Member

Use the unflavoured myself, prefer not to have an oil based sweetener in my drink. That Torq link is interesting but completely misses the concept that there could be customers that know what they want and understand there own needs.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i use it as it tastes nice and is easier than carrying a bottle of squash if i need a top up

Nobby

I’ve used Zero, Nuun & Nectar ones over the years – some decent flavours & they do seem to stave off cramp. The ‘extreme’ ones with caffeine sometimes help with hangover relief too.

Can’t say I’ve noticed them affecting the Camelbak either.

BoomBip

I generally use the citrus ones (and for their intended purpose too). No lingering taint and decent flavour. The cherry something one tastes foul though.

Might try that grape/slush puppy Nuun – sounds great 😀

back2basics
    Free Member

I use them all the time, and yes they do flavor the bladder if you dont rinse it out thoroughly – but , IMHO, so what, i like the flavor anyway.

as for the links/people’s perception. If you know what you need and understand energy/nutrition/hydration , sometimes you dont want calories in the drink!!!

tazzymtb

I’ve tried it but find that even if I break the tablet in half it gets stuck in my urethra…does make my wee fizzy and pretty colours though

cheers_drive

I use them on any ride over 2 hrs, even in the winter. They really do help me drink more.
    I get Atrial Fibrillation and I believe the electrolytes in the tablets help prevent it.

mauja
    Free Member

@mattg123 I also like the Nuun tabs but I can’t stand the grape flavour and cola is my favourite.

gren
    Free Member

Zero Extreme for me – Berry ones. A quick rinse or two and you lose the taste if there’s just water in there the next time. Does stain the bladder though. Mine’s now orange in parts!

To be honest I always use the same ones so there’s no issue for me.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Yep, Nuun – rinse it and all is fine.

patriotpro
    Free Member

help with hangover relief too.

Only have them on weekends away, and for that very reason.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It’s getting them up the urethra that’s the tricky bit 😉

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Does stain the bladder though. Mine’s now orange in parts

This^
    mine has gone yellow from too much Zero RAD plus Caffine EXTREME to the max!

adsh
    Free Member

Yes and helps fight the taste of mould.

When it’s hot I find electrolyte tablets a life saver – without = ride stopping cramp.

stu1972
    Free Member

Yes, berry flavour all the time. However my Hydrapac bladder now has a permanent day-glo green tinge to it.

adamhood
    Free Member

just rinse after and store the bladder in the freezer.

??? What’s all that about?
    I’ve only just started using the zero, haven’t used them on a Long ride yet so not sure if they help yet 😕
    I like the sound of a slush puppy while I’m on the hills 🙂 I think I’ll give them a try,

benji
    Free Member

No problems at all, tend to use 3 in a 2 litre bladder.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone stuck zero tabs in their bladder?’ is closed to new replies.