Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone stripped Rockshox Domain forks, did they have foam rings ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Gave mine an oil change last night, there werent any foamrings in there, but does seem like a gap where they could be put in. Mine are bog standard 302's so I'm guessing no foam to save a bit of cost?

grimey
    Free Member

Nope they shouldn't have foam rings. They only have oil seals and dust seals (more like Marzocchi style who AFAIK don't have foam rings in any of their forks).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Domains are the budget big travel single crown fork, yes? Coil spring?

I did service some a while ago, and I don't recall if they had foams or not, but they don't make a whole heap of difference on those chrome stanchions. TFT can supply foams if you want them though.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

My Lyrics (same lowers) don't.

LoCo
    Free Member

Definatly don't have foam rings just Dust wiper seal and oil seal.
    Seal kit part no. 11.4015.067.000. As usual I have these in stock 😉

scruff
    Free Member

Ok, just wondering. Mine did squeek on first runs before I re-oiled them.

So, if they have same lowers as Lyrics can a Lyric dammper assembly be put it ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Damper assemblies are housed in the uppers/csu. Damper assemblies are listed as different units on the Rockshox parts fiche, travel varies from model to model, however they may fit.
    I don't have sets of forks here to check though

tomhughes46

Can you not retro fit the MoCo from a 318? Should be the same for 160 (OEM non U turn) and 180. Have a look in the parts catalogue, or call TF?

To be honest though, it'll probably be far cheaper to sell them and buy some 318s or Lyriks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone stripped Rockshox Domain forks, did they have foam rings ?’ is closed to new replies.