Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone still use a coil Fox DHX 5?
  • flowerman
    Free Member

Hi

I am thinking about upgrading my Fox Van R rear shock to a Fox DHX 5 on my downhill bike (Lapierre Froggy). I feel I have outgrown the Van R and am after a bit more adjustment and small bump sensitivity. Anyone still use these shocks and rate them? I know they are basically the older RC4, with similar internals, but I wanted to see what others thought of them.

Many Thanks

Henry

edward2000
    Free Member

I do on my Sunday! It seems fine, although ive not got anything to compare it to. I have had a ccdb coil in an orange 5, and i have also got a ccdb air in my Intense, but i dont think they are comparable.

I do intend to give it some love with a push tuning at TF though and treat it to a nice titanium spring.

legend
    Free Member

If you need to make adjustments I’d look at getting a custom tune rather than a DHX5, which wouldn’t feel like much of an upgrade.

The DHX5 always felt decidedly average to me, I ended up going down the PUSH tune route in the end to make it better

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Save your cash and get your Van R pushed next time it needs a service. it will be very similar to a pushed dhx5.

LoCo
    Free Member

The Van R and RC are a better ‘base’ model for tuning work as they are a touch more reliable than the DHXs of old (3.0 to 5.0 models)
    A custom tune with a bit of porting on the piston as well can transform these.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone still use a coil Fox DHX 5?’ is closed to new replies.