Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone still running an '07-'09 Enduro SL?
  • Thought there were a couple on here – show us your current builds please 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

you’re not!! lol – how’s the arm?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

08 here. No pics online at the moment, sadly.

Fairly stock, bar a few changes
    Reverb
    Easton Havocs
    RQ 2.4 front, 2.2 rear. Black chilli.
    Time platforms, or some old Blackspire magnesium flats.
    Intense lockons.
    Currently a freebie Charge Spoon, which seems OK.

Fork and shock get regular love from SBC and are still lovely.

Off to BPW in a couple of weeks with it.

I know I should replace it, but it just rides so well!

Bugger off rob 😉 Arms not bad at the mo – won’t be saying that after the op on Tues though 🙁

Flashy – maybe I should have given my shocks the attention they deserved, but it’s soooo much better with the new forks. Verdicts out as to whether the RP23 is much of an improvement over the AFR shock though

windydave13
    Free Member

Here’s mine.
    AFR swapped for RP23 and its a massive improvement. Took a while to get the pressure right and have also fitted a volume reducer as I was finding it ripped through the latter part of the stroke too much.
    Yet again faultless in the Alps this year 😆

Bardsey by windydave13, on Flickr

What forks and brakes are you running windydave?

windydave13
    Free Member

SLX M675 front and rear with a RT 76 203 front and a 180 rear.
    Forks are 2008 Marzocchi 55 ATA’s running at 160.

Its an emotional relationship as when they work they’re awesome but every now and then they just decide to dump all the air out the ATA into the station :twisted:.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TAFKASTR, I really like the original forks. For the burlier built chap, the steering accuracy is superb. Not great on small bumps, ’tis true, but a big tyre cures that.

Flashy – I did like em for the stiffness, however I’m not that big (lanky legs, so I ride a Large) and could never get on with the small bump compliance – big hits were fine.

170mm X-Fusion Vengeance have really made a difference though – soooo much quicker on descents, more confident, HA is a lovely slack 66.5 deg and climbing doesn’t seem compromised. Not really noticed ant lack of stiffness either.

Enduro SL by davetheblade, on Flickr

jamj1974

2007 S-Works in medium here. Bike is still fantastic and never needed to change it. Still seems to keep up with more recent machines. Current build as below.

Bos Deville TRC 160mm
    Bos Vip’R
    2009 Formula The Ones 203mm Fr / 185mm Rr
    Hope Hoops – Stans Flow on Pro SP
    Continental Rubber Queens 2.2 Fr / Rr Black Chili UST
    Thompson 80mm stem
    Easton Haven bars
    KS Lev post
    2007 X9 Rear mech & Shifters
    XTR Front mech
    2007 RaceFace Deus cranks 26/38 w/e13 bashring
    SRAM RedWin 11-34 cassette
    Wippermann chain
    Ancient Fizik Gobi Wingflex Ti saddle
    ODI Rogue lock on grips

J

windydave13
    Free Member

TAFKASTR, that looks insanely slack 😯

Can you adjust travel on the fly or is it fixed? Also is it coil or air??
    The more i look at these x-fusions the more i’m tempted to swap my 55’s for a set

Dave

It’s about as slack as you’d go for an AM bike, but prob not as much as it looks on the pic.

Travel drops from 170-140mm by turning the knob on the left leg a quarter turn and pumping down on them. To be honest, even on techy climbs, I quite like it as it is and only bother dropping it for really steep stuff.

It’s the HLR DLA (air) 1/8th steerer – £639 from Freeborn.

Whether they are better than 55’s or not, I have no idea!

jamj1974

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR. It does look slack – bit to my eye also just a little bit awesome!

jamj1974

Hopefully here is a picture of mine from a few months ago. It’s running my old post – but otherwise it is identical.

[/img]

Cool jamj1974 – but how far back is yer saddle? 😯

Have you ever weighed it?

jamj1974

Cheers TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR!

Saddle is pretty far back! :wink:I am 6′ tall but ride a medium as I have long legs and a shortish torso. I was on the borders of a large but the medium felt better on a test. To be fair I also shuffled it forward just after the picture.

I haven’t weighed it for a long time – will do it out of curiosity now you’ve mentioned it.

Knowing the STW massive I was expecting criticism for my lawn and fence! Anyone up for a bit of garden commentary…?

khani
    Free Member

You need to strim your edges and mow the lawn, and there’s some slapdash French/post preserving gone on there…
    The bikes nice though 😀 apart from the nose up/far back saddle mentioned above..
    the 07-09 Enduros are the nicest looking of the bunch IMO…

windydave13
    Free Member

Lawn doesn’t look too shabby although perhaps a trim round the edges!!

I’m impressed you don’t have to run more seat post at 6′. I’m 6’2″ and even with a large I have to run a shed load of post

upload by windydave13, on Flickr

I’m 6′ with long legs and short torso and ride a large – struggled with the long top tube, but have my saddle forward and a 55mm stem and it feels right now.

Bang on 30lb on luggage scales

XTR front
    XT Shadow rear
    XT chainset (triple)
    XT shifters
    Fibrax braided outers
    CB Mallets
    Cane Creek headset
    Vengeance forks (over 5lb!)
    Fox RP23
    KS i950 dropper
    Charge Spoon
    Easton Haven 55mm stem
    DMR 780mm hi-rise Wingbars
    Enduro XL lock-ons
    Hope Tech M4 180/203mm floating rotors & braided hoses
    Roval Traversee front wheel
    Hope Hoop rear – Pro II with 10mm conversion & Mavic EN521, Superstar 10mm QR
    SRAM PG990 cassette
    SRAM PC991 chain
    Spesh Eskar Control 2.3 tyres

Untitled by davetheblade, on Flickr

Bloody ‘ell windydave – you do have long legs 😯

Nice – my mate has that model

windydave13
    Free Member

I’ll take that as a compliment 😆
    To be fair I do run a little extra if I know I’ve a long climb ahead but no more than about 5-10mm more than normal.

It’s a bold statement, but to me it’s my perfect bike. Even on the first ride when I built it last year, it just felt right.

Mine is definitely the wrong side of 30. 😯

jamj1974

I think my post looks shorter as the dropper being in two colours breaks the lines up. I have a 33.5″ inside leg.

Fence posts are scruffy – hate that style of post and although I have replaced the panels, I couldn’t justify replacing the posts and ‘gravel boards’ (?) as well. Lawn care is Mrs JAMJ’s department!

Thanks for the positive bike comments though. I still love it as much as I did back in ’07. Whatever I but next I won’t get rid of it – I have had a lot of great rides on that bike.

jamj1974

Just realised that my tyre/rim logos are almost aligned! I never do that purposely as it doesn’t bother me.

MarkLG
    Free Member

Noticed a few RP23’s on here. What tune are people running?

alcolepone
    Free Member

no one running the e150 forks anymore?

finners

finners

jamj1974

alcolepone – Member
    no one running the e150 forks anymore?

I didn’t have a problem with the performance of mine but some months after scoring the stanchion on a large rock thought I would replace them. I completed a fair repair using a method often recommended on here, so would willingly use them again. I also wanted a wider choice of wheels.

J

MarkLG
    Free Member

08 S Works frame
    RS Revelation Teams
    Easton Havoc wheels
    Hope M4 brakes
    XT drivetrain

jamj1974

Mark, that looks sweet!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone still running an '07-'09 Enduro SL?’ is closed to new replies.