Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone still riding an Intense 6.6?
  • stevied
    Free Member

I’ll have mine finished (completely) tomorrow when my shock comes back from TF so was just wondering if many people are still riding them? I know they are a fairly old frame now (mine is a 2009) so are they still being used and abused?
    Here’s mine (couple of changes since including Hope Pro3 AM4/Flow wheels and new grips)

ThePerfectKiss

Used mine all over from French Alps, Welsh trail centres and anywhere in-between, where it’s light enough for going up and strong enough for pretty much anything.
    Team intense

stevied
    Free Member

Very nice mate. I’m getting mine just about right now. Are you running 36’s? I’m on 32’s at the mo but thinking it might be nice to have a pair of 36’s for more ‘adventurous’ days..
    I’ve just fitted some off-set bushes so will be interesting how they go..

ThePerfectKiss

Yep 36’s Van RLC’s all the way… early set… still super plush love em!

Makes the bike what it is… Beefy enough for Alps action, whilst keeping the geo ok for UK XC stuff too.

scaredypants

Is that a 5th element shock ?

amedias
    Free Member

2009 is not old!

I’ve still got a late 90’s intense and an early noughties one and they’re still as solid as the day they were built.

ndthornton
    Free Member

I so nearly bought one of these frames from ebay 2 days ago – in brushed aluminium. Gutted – love this bike and it went for a snip too. Just spent too much money on bike bits this year. I will have one eventually though to replace my Norco Six – Similar bike and great fun – just a bit less refined.

stevied
    Free Member

Is that a 5th element shock ?

It is indeed 🙂 I’ve just had a shim stack upgrade at TF so need to get out and see what it’s like. Also fitted some offset bushes to improve the geometry (2 degrees slacker, 1/2″ lower BB)
    nd: I was watching that one too…great price 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Ride report after shock upgrade and offset bush fitting:

With the slacker head angle and lower BB the bike just feels so much more planted, some fast downhills in the snow and it never missed a beat.
    Had a little more ‘lift’ on the front on steep climbs but I can live with that for the benefit going down..
    Would highly recommend the upgrade/offset if you’ve got a 6.6 with 5th element B-)

saxabar
    Free Member

@ndthornton – I have a full build I’m looking to part with if that’s of any interest. I haven’t got around to putting it on the classifieds but in short it’s a medium with an A1 Fox 36 upfront, Fox DHX 5, XT/Icetech brakes (203/180), Raceface/SRAM drivetrain, fresh Minions, Stan Flow rims and Burgtec hubs and pedals. Drop me an email if you’re interested and would like pics.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone still riding an Intense 6.6?’ is closed to new replies.