Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Anyone still on Soul 26'ers ?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

the Butcher gets all gummed up and very very draggy…

Just need to get a bit more speed up to clear it auld yin! 😆

dukeduvet

Keep it!

Still riding mine. Had it since 2011 which seems like ages ago now. Recently been swapping tyres around and over summer tried some WTB Bronson’s which transformed my riding. I could really lean on the front end and even drift with just a wee correction to get it all back. Allowed me to ride much harder. Now got a Trail King black chilli on the front to see how that feels. Gone 2×9 but plan is 1×11, tubeless and dropper to bring it up to date.

Maybe get a new paint and decal job for yours?

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    the Butcher gets all gummed up and very very draggy…

[quote]
    Just need to get a bit more speed up to clear it auld yin! 😀 [/quote]

I tell ya nobeer, 6 weeks off due elbow injury and no riding on Sunday there, or tomorrow due manflu and I’ll be needing tubeless heliums with some e-assist when I get back out with the club guys…

iainc

Maybe get a new paint and decal job for yours?

I am pretty fastidious about cleaning it, and when I crash, I break myself rather than the bike 🙂 My most recent pic of it, just over 6 weeks ago before the manual of doom…. 🙁

core

This thread is not helping my urge to find another soul!

dukeduvet

iainc – great to see a pic of yours. The manual of doom sounds like it did not end well!

iainc

dukeduvet – no, probably the most stoopid crash I have had, and I’ve had a few 🙂

Solo ride, 2.5hrs slippery fun, no tumbles, back at car park (my local trails are a 30 min drive), pull a manual, realise I don’t have brakes covered, go over the back (clipped in) and land my elbow on edge of a pothole. Fracture and skin graft…

The bike has a wee scuff on the saddle from it, nowt else 🙂

dukeduvet

Bike’s OK, that’s the main thing 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Anyone still on Soul 26'ers ?’ is closed to new replies.