Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone stayed in Peebles for a week’s holiday?
  • fwokinfwok
    Free Member

Thinking about going for a week’s holiday with The Wife, Junior (4 months) and Junior Senior (2years). Can anyone recommend a nice, self catering cottage to rent for a week? Theres only me who bikes so I’m hoping The Wife can entertain the kiddies whilst I’m out playing around Glentress. 3* or 4 * ideally for the missus, obviously…

BitterBaldingFatty
    Free Member

Stay in Innerleithen instead of Peebles. I can’t recommend innerhaven enough. It’s fantastic, and can easily house your brood. There’s local ice-cream and a kiddie’s playground a short walk away. Great walks for non-riders. Peebles is a very short drive away.

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Don’t know about self catering, but have stayed at the Hydro in Peebles a few times, and will be there again this summer, and it’s ace. Has kiddies clubs in hols, great pool / spa, great family rooms, good food, bike storage in basement and within cycling distance of Glentress via a forest road.

I suspect that trade is a bit slack this year for them as when I booked back in early January I asked for a discount as we were booking 4 rooms for a week and got over £600 off on the spot. They have a good website, but it isn’t up to date on vacancies and if you telephone to book you can ask for a discount.

Hope this helps.

Smee
    Free Member

The best placed spot is a place called Innerhaven in Innerleithen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone stayed in Peebles for a week’s holiday?’ is closed to new replies.