Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone stayed at Caeg Wyn Farm camp site?
  • paul9961
    Free Member

Webpage

How far away from any other civilisation is this place? Thinking how close to a pub or restaurant?

Any good/bad experiences? Anywhere which is better for camping nearby?

Tah

willber
    Free Member

Do you mean Cae Gwyn Farm near Coed Y Brenin? If so, I go loads – just got back today as it happens.

There isn’t anything pub/food wise that within walking distance, but the people that run the site will nip you up to the pub, and then the people at the pub will bring you back, for a quid i think.

Showers and toilets are fine, and for 8 quid a night you cant really grumble.

paul9961
    Free Member

Was indeed near Coed Y Brenin, top stuff, cheers willber!
    Just worried about the Welsh weather (that’s where the pub comes in)

Have you found or seen anywhere else locally that also might be worth a look?

willber
    Free Member

i’m sure there is other stuff around but i only ever stay at cae gwyn – been probably 10 times or more.

the camping fields (of which there are 3 or 4) are not the flattest but if you look around you can find a decent pitch. Very relaxed feel to the place, nice atmosphere and stunning views. It can be kinda shit if the weather goes against you.

You are also a short drive from Antur Stiniog too

ninfan
    Free Member

Graig wen is an amazing, fantastic location, a few miles away the other side of Dolgellau

Unfortunately however, the main pitches seem to be made out of solid slate rubble, which makes for a most uncomfortable night, and not the best for either your tent floor, or the pegs!

wrecker
    Free Member

If its the one I’m thinking of, I stay there sometimes. It’s great. There is a pub at trawsfynydd and the campsite owner will drive you up there for a few quid and the landlord will drop you back. You get a discount off food for staying at the campsite too. The blackened ribs are rather nice. Good ale too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone stayed at Caeg Wyn Farm camp site?’ is closed to new replies.