Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • anyone sold a kitchen on Gumtree or similar ?
  • iainc

we are replacing a 10 yr old kitchen in a few weeks and builder has suggested we try and punt the old one. Seems a good idea, but I can see it fraught with hassles – builder is working in stages over a 2-3 week period as some wall removal/structural stuff going on and as we’ll be living in the house, not much storage space.

I’m presuming I’d need to take pics of it as is, get interested parties round to see it in current fully functional state and then agree them collecting in stages to suit builder, probs with part payments each pickup ??

Any tips/pointers ?

sbob
    Free Member

A customer of mine just did this, sold the whole lot and it was picked up in a day (took them two trips).
    His was quite an old kitchen and he sold it for a few hundred quid.

jam-bo

i looked at one and decided it was too much hassle to rework it.

I would have had to picked it up by a certain date.

It was cheap though.

iainc

thanks. Looking on Gumtree I reckon I’d get £300 tops, so need to research a bit more

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Put it in the skip, like everyone else ya miserable bastard!.

totalshell

just worked in a house where they did just this.. took three snaps of the 12 yr old kitchen in situ banged it on ebay collection only no appliances sink or taps 350 sold in a day guy picked up from the driveway where it had been left whilst it was dismantled..

at the end of the day its 350 quid not 20 grand you get what you get..

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Good luck with gumtree…breeding ground of those who struggle with the most basics of communication and manners.

iainc

Put it in the skip, like everyone else ya miserable bastard!.

… I can always rely on you Greg 🙂

iainc

dan – yeah , that’s what puts me off, plus the potential for unsavouries coming round…… not sure if its worth the hassle and security

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

I’m looking for a Kitchen on Gumtree for a rental property I own 🙂

iainc

Burnsybhoy – where abouts ?

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

I live in Ayrshire but the property that I’m renting is in Dumbarton. Just had the flat basically rebuilt after finding dry rot, wasn’t the most joyuos time of my life. 🙂

iainc

Have mailed you 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Put my charge plug up on gumtree a few weeks back, had nothing but shite offers from Nigerian sounding scamsters.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Thanks iainc, nothing arrived yet but I let you know if it does. 🙂

iainc

Ok, went to your gmail address about 10 mins ago, probs stucknin servers somewhere. Thanks

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘anyone sold a kitchen on Gumtree or similar ?’ is closed to new replies.