Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone signed up for the Global Corporate Challenge?
  • SiB
    Free Member

57 teams just from my place of work alone (one of the Uni’s in Liverpool, not the Uni! Its going to be a good 100 days, plenty of banter and competition.

GCC……teams from all over the world attempting to register enough paces to win, 1km on bike = 300 steps. Starting point is the Coliseum, I guess the idea is to ‘walk’ around the world.

Pook

we’ve done it for the past three or four years. The way the biking thing calculates mileage meant it was rubbish from an MTB point of view. Plus clearly some people were just mucking about with the pedometer as well. We had some guys doing 30 mile walks before breakfast.

SiB
    Free Member

Yes, there is certainly is scope for cheating, might have to call a team meeting!!

atlaz
    Free Member

put a pedometer into one of those paint stirrers at the DIY shop. A colleague of mine won a holiday by supposedly walking over 800 miles in a month. He reckoned he’d actually walked under 50 and most of that was door -> car -> desk -> canteen and back again.

chrismac

Im doing it with lots of teams at work. I agree its very ‘mean’ on how it rewards mountain biking as it records it in the same way as road cycling. There are definitely some dubious achievements but it can be genuine too. Last year 1 guy in our team did an ironman so aswell as lots of training steps he got about 150,000 odd for the actual race day

Still its a bit of a laugh and it gets people who wouldnt normally do much out and about a bit so just dont take it too seriously.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone signed up for the Global Corporate Challenge?’ is closed to new replies.