Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone sent back a YT?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a Jeffsy.

I understand you have 2 weeks to return it if you change your mind (no off road).

Do you have to pay for the return (if so, how much) or do YT cover it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s no way YT will cover it, nor should they.

Leku
    Free Member

Dave – Do you know if they do?

Wiggle allow a 30 day test ride with free collection. Seems like a good selling point for an internet based bike company.

Trimix
    Free Member

Why not email them and/or check their website.

TBH, most places charge for a demo these days, so consider the cost of shipping it back similar to that.

Id not let it get in the way of buying one though. There will be loads of owners in the UK willing to let you have a quick carpark spin to check the size. That what I did for my YT.

Leku
    Free Member

Trim – I’m assuming I’d have to pay but was wondering if anyone had first hand experience.

I did check their web-site first and it doesn’t mention who pays. I have emailed them but they ‘are experiencing a high volume of emails’.

I think I may have to lurk around a trail centre car park..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-with-a-medium-jeffsy-in-bristol

Milkie
    Free Member

Considering you have to pay for the cardboard box they deliver it in and pay for delivery I would think you definitely have to pay to send it back. When everything else breaks and you have to send back your forks, shock, wheels, etc, there is no charge for carriage, you’ll just be without a bike for a couple of months. Bitter? yup.

Leku
    Free Member

Oh that doesn’t sound good. I have friends with Canyons who seem bikeless for months on end.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Every YT I know of that’s been sent back has been a a warranty replacement. Which is three, out of the three YT owners I know.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

What not nip over to the factory for a test run.
    Manchester – Nuremberg £25.98 return with Ryanair. Take the bus out to Forcheim and then spend a couple of excellent days in Frankenjura/ Fichtelgebirge.

Bob’s dein Onkel 😀

Leku
    Free Member

Free return it is…

“thank you for your mail.

After receiving the bike, your 14 day return period starts.
    Within this time, your bike still can be canceled and sent back free of charge.
    Please keep in mind that the bike has to be unused / unridden.”

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oh that doesn’t sound good. I have friends with Canyons who seem bikeless for months on end.

I’ve had a Canyon spectral for over 2 years, and a Capra for 10 months, no problems with either. My old Yeti however….

You’ll hear horror stories with all brands.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

You’ll hear horror stories with all brands.

My old Yeti however….

As it happens Yeti is another one that has a high return success rate in these parts. 😆

submarined
    Free Member

No issues whatsoever with my capra for 9 months, my mate’s Jeffsy is all good as well.
    In fact when a minor thing that shouldn’t have been warranty happened, they happily sent me a replacement FOC in a few days. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another YT(if they came out with a model with geo that fits me)

Poopscoop

I’ve contacted them about a few things via email.

They can be a bit slow to reply but they get there in the end.
    A friendly and polite post on their fb page seems to hurry them a little. 😉

legend
    Free Member

Or a lawyers letter in one particlar example (that was Canyon though)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone sent back a YT?’ is closed to new replies.