Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone (self-employed) using any slick Cloud accounting/book-keeping apps?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m trying Wave (on Chrome apps) at the moment. It seems reasonably nice – but more for the type that actually does his or her books on an as-you-go basis.

I’m particularly interested in any that allow me to enter a recurring expense for items that are essentially the same every month e.g. use of home, van insurance, cleaning or ones that are there every month but vary by a few quid occasionally e.g. mobile phone, suppliers that invoice monthly for credit accounts.

Wave doesn’t allow me to do this. I sense from the amount of requests on their forum that it’ll be implemented soon but not in the next few days.

Anything on Chrome would be good as hope to be doing it on Chromebook from this year on.

EDIT: would consider a paid app if it allowed the above feature and was really nice to use.

spacemonkey

I’ve heard good things about Xero.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmmm…

Just checked and their cheapest plan at £9 per month only allows limited entries every month. I’d have to go to £20/month for a decent package. 😐

maccruiskeen

I use Inuit Quickbooks for about £10 a month- not specific to chrome but its browser based so you should be able to use it with anything. Fairly lengthy free trial available to get the hang of it. I’m an idiot and can make it work.

binno
    Free Member

Sent you an email – however long answer short – use http://www.freeagent.com – amazing, british, real people to talk to (if you ever actually need to – it’s so easy to use). I actually like doing my accounts and invoices etc… as a result.

If this side of your business could be fun – then this is the solution. I’d be lost without it.

🙂

I massively recommend this product and it has a free trial. It practically does your tax return, allows all the features you mentioned in your post and we both get a 10% discount if you sign up and use my referral code here:

3dc6azh1

I’ve been using their service for the past 3 years and it gets better and better with new features and design revisions. Super simple to use, integrates with your online banking and allows you to scan / photo receipts, log repeat costs and has a brilliant invoice and auto reminder + thank you feature.

It even looks nice! – All in all amazing. I’m a sole trader, yet it covers staff too.

Hope that helps you out, seriously try the trial and try to remember my refer all when you sign up (same for anyone else interested that reads this please).

Ben

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Got your email binno, thanks. 🙂

Can I input my figures into those packages via Chrome or are they standalone software packages I’d have to have loaded up?

binno
    Free Member

Freeagent is an online ‘cloud’ system.
    Nice to use.
    Looks good
    Does everything i want it to.

You enter receipts, payments (in + out), recurring expenses, the date, copies of the bills etc… it tracks them against your bank account statements online.

Recurring costs are no problem. Milage costs, home, bills, phone tc.. there’s a categorgy for all costs incurred based on a list of HMRC exceptence. This also makes it easy to follow what you can expense.

Free demo, try it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone (self-employed) using any slick Cloud accounting/book-keeping apps?’ is closed to new replies.