• This topic has 36 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • anyone seen/got/ridden the 2015 Croix De Fer 30 yet ?
  • iainc

looks stunning and decent value for nice steel frame…

pics here

iainc

oh well…. 🙂

tthew

Looks good, but it really is about time Genesis updated their website with the 2015 models.

iainc

yeah, agree about the website 🙁 Evans say its in stock in early December. I am sorely tempted to punt my 2014 one for it….

ecopan87
    Free Member

Tweeks have all the details on their website for the 2015 Genesis bikes, take a look!

http://www.tweekscycles.com

zilog6128

Looks great but I have the 2012 version and the 30 isn’t enough extra to tempt me. The stainless version on the other hand looks amazing but I can’t justify the price at the moment. Very tempted by the 2014 931 frameset which I have seen discounted online and is a lot more affordable although lacks some nice features compared to the latest models!

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Missing brown saddle and bar tape. Dead to me!

iainc

yeah, I have a 2014 one which I love, but on occasion could use more front tyre clearance and I like the idea of the lighter carbon fork, the better brakes, slightly lower gearing, lighter wheels etc etc 🙂

zilog6128

the better brakes, slightly lower gearing, lighter wheels etc etc

I have all that on my 2012. The only things left as stock are the frame, stem & front mech!!

tthew

I’d be happy with a nice Day One disk coming up on Ebay or the for sale forum at a sensible price. 😥

iainc

ouch 🙁 how that happen ?

toppers3933
    Free Member

TTHEW – What size?

tthew

Commando roll over a Renault Megane bonnet.

Jamie
    Free Member

yeah, I have a 2014 one which I love, but on occasion could use more front tyre clearance and I like the idea of the lighter carbon fork, the better brakes, slightly lower gearing, lighter wheels etc etc

Why not just save the money you’re going to lose on selling the 2014, and get some upgrades?

Kinesis CXD Wheels – 1600g-ish = £260
    Shimano RS685 + Hydro brakes = £350

etc etc.

iainc

Jamie – I could but with a club discount in LBS on new one, and if I got £600 for my current one, which I think is realistic, then there’s very little in it, and I’d have the extra clearance of the lighter carbon fork…..

Jamie
    Free Member

Too much money down the drain for a crab manoeuvre, for my liking.

…but it’s your money. 😛

tthew

Toppers, it’s a 54cm.

iainc

Too much money down the drain for a crab manoeuvre, for my liking.

…but it’s your money.

aye, you could be right, just early thinking at this stage – wont do anything till end of yr.. Even after discount it’s still a good chunk more than an Arkose 4 🙂 I like comfy steel tho…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I swapped out my 54cm 2012 croix de fer frameset for a 55cm Kinesis Tripster ATR (which seems pretty much exactly the same cockpit size) and saved nearly 2.5 lbs, some of which will be going from the steel fork to a carbon one.

However my croix was only 22.5 lbs anyway so I the weight saving isn’t hugely noticeable.

The tripster is also slightly slacker than the older 2012 croix, and once I had built it I immediately missed the quicker steering of the croix.

The new croix is also supposed to be slacker, so if you like your current croix I would check that you also like the new one before swapping over, as it will become more sedate and not as much ‘fun’.

With the tripster I have gained much fatter tyre capability with mudguards (40c with 45mm guards, maybe bigger with 50mm guards which someone has fitted – going to try 42c this weekend) and a lot of bump compliance in the frame, which is what I was after, but whether the new croix offers the same scale of benefits over the old one is another matter.

iainc

TurnerGuy, some really useful points there, appreciated. cheers

iainc

Hmmm, think I’ll try and get some geometry charts before advertising the current one…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Croix de Fer 10, the cheapest 2015 model. It’s a beautiful looking bike, which is what attracted me to it, with some very neat design touches. Really really well thought out.
    Sadly I’ve not ridden it yet as I put my back out the day after I built it. I did have a quick ride up and down the street and it feels spot on to me after an alloy Madone. Comfy but plenty stiff enough. I went a size smaller than the Madone. At 5’8″ I went for a 52cm as the frame isn’t as compact as the trek and a CDA with identical geometry in a 54cm felt a bit short on stand over for me, and I do intend to do some light off road riding on it.
    I’ve swapped the cheapo FSA chainset for a Shimano CX50 and added special edition Matt black SKS guards and a King headset I had lying around.
    The only other things I’ll probably change is the saddle and bars, for something wider.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pQ7vjD]Untitled[/url] by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Iain, the geometry charts aren’t on the website yet. Email me and I’ll send you the file Madison (Sportline) sent to me.

iainc

Cheers Peter, dropped you a mail.

Think i need to write my Santa letter 🙂 ……

Anyone wanna buy a 2014 one ? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone wanna buy a 2014 one ?

I’ll give you £20.

iainc

🙂 Nah, you’d just sell it to fund your Arkose !

iainc

Cheers PP, so comparing geometries for a 54, the new one is 1 degree slacker head and a few mm longer ETT with slightly shorter chainstay and slightly higher BB, so can see its probably a bit less immediate feeling.

Will scour around for reviews once they hit the shops 🙂

iainc

Went to the launch night of the 2015 Genesis range tonight at SprocketsCycles in Kilmarnock. Superb looking kit and scrummy sausage rolls and tasty beer 🙂

The Croix De Fer 30 is a peach, IMO looks better than the Stainless Steel one and with Shimano chain set rather than FSA. Only criticism was that the 105 front mech at the cable clamp bolt is awfy close to the rear tyre when on outer ring but apparently the frame was pre production and factory ones have slightly longer chainstays.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Iainc I might be interested in your bike.will email you in a bit.

iainc

no probs, mail in profile, cheers

iainc

Thanks to monkeyninja my 2014 is now sold and deposit just placed on a 2015 CDF 30 🙂

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Your welcome enjoy the new bike when it comes..

iainc

Hope you enjoy yours too, pleasure dealing with you, cheers

iainc

iainc

Arrived 🙂

[/url]cdf1 by iain.clow, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]cdf2 by iain.clow, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]cdf3 by iain.clow, on Flickr[/img]

firestarter
    Free Member

What the hell is that saddle all about ?

iainc

What the hell is that saddle all about ?

…its an ISM, thats how you set them up !

if youre interested !!!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘anyone seen/got/ridden the 2015 Croix De Fer 30 yet ?’ is closed to new replies.