Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 478 total)
  • Anyone Seen Sharki ????
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Just got back from a ride around on the Q's, its very difficult to know where to start looking, there where a couple of people waiting in the Great Bear car park, but no sign of his car??

jam-bo

if he is/was deer spotting then he'll be well off the usual bike trails.

tails
    Free Member

Well if his car was at the car park earlier as stated in this thread and is now gone. Does that mean he does not want to be found at present?

aleigh
    Free Member

The car's been taken away by the police

druidh
    Free Member

aleigh – Member
    The car's been taken away by the police

Is that normal practice in the event of a missing person? I guess that if it's parked illegally, then they have a duty to do so. And if they're looking for "clues" then the forensics guys might want it indoors? But I'd be ****' annoyed if I came back after a couple of nights out camping to find that someone had taken my car away.

aleigh
    Free Member

I think there's a reason, I'm not too sure what but that's what one of the lads told me late this afternoon.

knottie8
    Free Member

just got in from the Qs a few of us have been helping the police look for Shane. No luck yet . If your on the Qs tomorrow please ask anyone you see if they have seen him. The police call card is 170.

MrNutt
    Free Member

good luck sharki, hope you're ok

Dinger
    Free Member

I am up there tomorrow, will ask around

Hairychested
    Free Member

Good luck to everybody involved. I sincerely hope the explanation is simple and peaceful. All the best!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Seconded. Keep coming back to this thread hoping for some good news. Fingers crossed . . .

Si
    Free Member

Is that normal practice in the event of a missing person? I guess that if it's parked illegally, then they have a duty to do so. And if they're looking for "clues" then the forensics guys might want it indoors? But I'd be ****' annoyed if I came back after a couple of nights out camping to find that someone had taken my car away.

Standard police proceedure for a misper. Means he has to make contact with someone on his return…

atlaz
    Free Member

Strange, given from what I understand of the thread, he doesn't have his mobile with him so he's going to be back at a carpark in the Qs without any way of getting home or calling for assistance.

Still, fingers crossed all is well.

charlierevell
    Free Member

They've taken his car coz there's no window left!
    The chopper will be back up later to see if theres a better heat signature coming from anywhere.
    We've had some leads on him being seen over the last few days and I've just spent a bit of time with his mum who is now waiting in the car park to see if he comes back.
    Pretty sure he is out deer spotting and none the wiser!
    Not sure what happens if he doesnt show up tonight tho…. could do with some people to ask about if they are riding locally tomorrow. Kind of anyone seen this man stuff as we did it earlier and the second people we asked gave us info.

We'll know more in the morning, but for now im off for a well earned pint. nearly 9 hours we've been out there, Cam has been there since 3.30am!!!!

Sharki… wherever you are…. you owe us a fry up!!!!

jam-bo

Charlie, heading up tomorrow am unless he shows up overnight. Send me your number on fb and I'll talk to you in the morning.

ojom
    Free Member

Good luck Jim.

Keep us posted please.

oldfart

I'll check back in the morning .If he's still AWOL and you want help i'll come down and bring my bike if it'll help ?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Best looking bloke i've ever seen in womens underwear.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Mr K if you are still up give me a call please

saladdodger
    Free Member

Me and Mrs SD will be on the Q's tomorrow with our golden retrevier about 12.00 tomorrow on foot , we are realy concerned to say the least

vanilla83
    Free Member

There's been some suggestion (from someone who knows him very well) that he might be walking on Exmoor. Its a massive walk from where his car is, but might be worth passing on to the police or checking out if someone is there.

Good luck guys. My thoughts are with him / you all. Doing as much as I can from Bristol.

knottie8
    Free Member

vanilla
    get you mate to call the police 08454567000 call card 170 please.

charlierevell
    Free Member

It'd be bloody good going to get from his car at 3pm yesterday to exmoor. We heard a bit about the porlock walk too but knowing he's been seen so recently makes it unlikely. We've also got all the exmoor search team on the quantocks. Not many left over there!! Just hope he's local enough to be found or that he returns to his mums camper later this evening!!

vanilla83
    Free Member

@knottie8: I'll call in the morning if theres no update. I'm ex Ralphie btw. You know me.

@charlierevell: I agree that it would be very impressive to get there that fast.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Just a thought, as this is fairly serious, any chance the mods can "sticky" the thread to stop it fallin off the end of the page?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Lazgoat

just reported your post to the mods good call thank you

charlierevell
    Free Member

Bump Bump for the morning views! IF anyone is out and about please keep an keen eye for him.

aleigh
    Free Member

good luck guys……….when you find him tell him i'm looking forward to seeing his pics!

qwerty
    Free Member

does anyone actually know if the Police / S&R are requesting public en mass for a methodical organised search – i think that may well be the only way to utilise everyones feelings of being useless ???

is anyone in the position to ask the Police this Q as i think internerd response would be huge!

Dibbs
    Free Member

The camper van (his mum?) was still in the Great Bear carpark when I went past at 06:30 this morning.

charlierevell
    Free Member

That means its unlikely he returned. Im off up there now and will post any news as and when.

scraprider
    Free Member

Jeez hope all turns out ok,

aleigh
    Free Member

Update as at 11.30am

Charlie has called to say could anyone in the Exmoor/North Devon/coastal area, particularly Portlock/Watchet/Lynmouth/Lynton – please look out for Shane as it's believed he's gone walkabout along the coast. We believe some police spoke to him Saturday, they were unaware of the search for him at the time.

Houns

Cheers, think i feel a bit more positive after hearing that. Hope he's just gone on long walk and the daft bugger forgot he was meant to have the kids that weekend and the number 1 rule of going out on own – Always tell someone where yer going.

Drac

Always tell someone where yer going.

That's what Charlie says.

Anyway promising news.

Rickos
    Free Member

If the latest is that he's on the coast, has the Lilstock Beach Hut been checked? He likes it there, but it strikes as the first place to check so I'm probably stating the obvious.

willej

Only just seen this thread. Fingers crossed here. Hope he turns up soon, safe and sound.

woodsman
    Free Member

I hope he is being his normal gungho self, and off exploring oblivious to everyones concerns.

A top bloke who knows how to survive in the elements, and a daft bugger to boot!

(Has he taken his gold hotpants with him) 😉

All the best fella, get back to your family real soon.

Pete aka Woodsman

aleigh
    Free Member

has the Lilstock Beach Hut been checked

i believe so, i think that was one of the first places to be checked out

as for the golden hot pants….i hope not!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Seen Sharki ????’ is closed to new replies.