Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Anyone seen Pacific Rim yet?
  • PrinceJohn

I’m currently struggling with whether or not to go and see Godzilla… usually bad films give all the “good stuff” away in the trailer, this one doesn’t even give you that, ho hum..

Just a quick FYI – the new Godzilla is being directed by the chap who did the the great ‘Monsters’ so I have high hopes (haven’t seen any reviews yet tho!)

z1ppy

😳 I thought Monsters was pap too (effects where good), absolutely no idea why it so well rated. Way way way better than P-R, just not that great a movie

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thought Monsters was great, very original.

PrinceJohn

I thought Monsters was pap too (effects where good), absolutely no idea why it so well rated.

I thought it was great – it’s so well rated probably in part because it only cost $500,000 to make.

woody2000

Watched PR last night, it was OK but nothing more. Felt a lot like I’d seen most of it before, nothing particularly original. I really like G-d-T, but this was a bit of a let down.

johnhe

I love my sci if movies and shot em ups too, but I thought Pacific Rim was a load of cobblers. Didn’t even finish it, which is the ultimate indictment in my book.

piemonster

I love my sci if movies and shoot em ups too, but I thought Pacific Rim was a load of cobblers. I still enjoyed it. In a guilty way.

johnnystorm

There’s always the East Coast version….

ATLANTIC RIM trailer: http://youtu.be/TVpQmZmKNmo

seosamh77
    Free Member

Enjoyable nonsense.

muggomagic

Godzilla has Bryan Cranston in so it’s bound to be a good un. He’s pretty picky about what he does these days. So I’ll be making a rare visit to the cinema without the kids.

loddrik
    Free Member

I thought I’d hate it but it was quite enjoyable.

Northwind

Matt24k
    Free Member

I had the misfortune of viewing Pacific Rim. It was complete and utter rubbish designed for prepubescent males that like playing with action figures.
    No real plot, no real dialogue and absolutely no chance of me watching the inevitable Pacific Rim 2.

CountZero

Gojira* has been made with with the approval of the Japanese studio who made the originals, it’s allegedly vastly superior to the last Hollywood re-make. Really looking forward to it.
    *The correct Japanese name, Godzilla’s the Anglicised version.

Matt24k – Member
    I had the misfortune of viewing Pacific Rim. It was complete and utter rubbish designed for prepubescent males that like playing with action figures.
    No real plot, no real dialogue and absolutely no chance of me watching the inevitable Pacific Rim 2.

And you were expecting Citizen Kane?
    Which I found as dull as ditchwater.

jimification
    Free Member

I was looking through the options on a plane and mistakenly thought Pacific Rim was that Michael Palin documentary.

It was a long flight so I did give it 25 minutes….

Utter bilge.

prawny

I described pacific rim as brilliantly rubbish to a mate, and I stand by that. Sometimes when they do these B Movies with decent budgets, it’s hard to tell at first if they’re supposed to be serious, but this one was more obvious than most. I had tears in my eyes for most of the film because of how much that one from Queer as Folk looked like Heath Ledger trying to force a poo out 😆

piemonster

I think Clarkson should be in the sequel.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen Pacific Rim yet?’ is closed to new replies.