Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone seen light seatpost 27.2 layback (200g ish) £40ish
  • sefton
    Free Member

I need a new seatpost.

350mm is fine
    cyclocross so needs to be strong
    layback
    ideally around 200g

bought a pro plt but its really heavy (not sure if its because of the DI2 fitment (extra metal inside).

Something like a masterpiece (but with a regular setback – not the bend halfway up)

around £40

clubby

I’m using one of these on my fat bike. Only a couple of months use but been great so far.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bontrager-Bike-XXX-Lite-carbon-seatpost-MTB-27-2-30-8-31-6-400mm-5022-/171158786981?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item27d9dbd3a5

Not sure that’s the seller I used but price is pretty similar.

larrydavid
    Free Member

Clubby, that looks cool – I’m looking for something similar.

That price looks very low – much more than wiggle etc. – I take it that it’s probably from here: http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-bontrager-race-xxx-lite-carbon-seatpost.html

Did it seem ‘legit’ when you got it? Not that this bothers me in the slightest – so long as it works! Is it a ‘copy’ or have Bontrager had an overstock?

clubby

I wondered that myself but took the chance anyway. No packaging but I assumed when I bought it was oem.
    Decals including sizing ones at the bottom look identical to the ones on my alloy post from my trek. Clamp also identical. Weight is very close to official Bonty figure and finishing is high quality.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have an Alpina seatpost coming with my new frameset. 27.2mm 300mm length. I’m going to be selling it because i’ll be replacing it with a Kore T-rail post to suit my Kore Saddle.
    Yours for £20.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone seen light seatpost 27.2 layback (200g ish) £40ish’ is closed to new replies.