Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone seen any killer sale deals on a light xc wheelset?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Looking for something around the £300 mark, maybe more for the right set.

Anyone seen anything interesting online anywhere?

thanks in advance. 🙂

J

Nezbo
    Free Member

Try Super star componants, seem to be a good deal for a good light wheel 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

winstanleys are doing a good deal on Hope XC3 SP on stans ZTR355 with rotors included, £306 the pair plus delivery.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

pinches – saw that, defo on the radar. cheers mate!

pinches
    Free Member

Also worth noting, that the same wheel build from wheel pro will be discounted in the new year! (if you don't trust a winstanleys wheel build)

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i thought they were all built in-house by Hope and shipped complete to retailers, am i wrong?

how do you know this btw?

cheers

pinches
    Free Member

only hope hoops are built in house by hope. (which as far as i can find are out of stock at the moment)

I know the price is dropping at wheel pro, as i rung him about a week ago for a quote for a wheel build and to clarify the difference between a standard and "lightweight" rotor option

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i may hang off then, cheers pinches!

njee20
    Free Member

Huh? The SP-3 wheels ship to dealers built too, Wheelpro can give them a tweak, but unless they're unbuilding and rebuilding that's all it is.

pinches
    Free Member

what do you mean? that you can't buy a set of SP-3s custom built? they are all essentially hope hoops tweaked by an individual builder?

if so, i'm not aware of that, i was under the impression that if you order a wheel from merlin, or wheel pro, or where ever it's built in house for them, hence the fact that people pay the extra for a merlin build over a CRC build, for example.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Wheelpro don't build wheels anymore according to Roger's website. He takes the Hope supplied wheelsets and checks/tweaks them and sells them on.
    Any 'Hope Hoops' wheelset is factory built by Hope AFAIK.

Obviously Merlin, CRC etc build lots of wheelsets, but not Hope Hoops ones.

njee20
    Free Member

what do you mean? that you can't buy a set of SP-3s custom built? they are all essentially hope hoops tweaked by an individual builder?

Exactly, that's all they've ever been, a dealer has never been sent a pile of bits, they're built by Hope and tweaked by the dealer. I'm sure wheelpro are excellent, but there's no way I'd bother to pay extra to get them from them.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Thing is, I don't think you do pay extra from Wheelpro – at least not when I was looking at his prices.

njee20
    Free Member

In which case he's an excellent option it would seem!

pinches
    Free Member

no – you do pay extra. £306 from winstanleys or £360 currently from wheel pro (apparently £330 in the new year) for the same build.

firestarter
    Free Member

roger m at wheelpro tweaks them and guarantees them too iirc. And he knows his stuff

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Fair enough – it was a while ago I was looking and now I think about it there could have been mention of an introductory offer….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any killer sale deals on a light xc wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.