Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone seen any good gas bbq offers?
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Been shopping for hours online and also been to B&Q, the range, argos etc and have a feeling that straight after I buy one a superb offer will appear that saves me £50. Looking to spend around £100 plus cover and gas.

headfirst
    Free Member

Save yourself £100 and a lot of disappointment and get one of these barbecue starters instead. And then get yourself the ‘STW standard’ Weber kettle barbecue if you haven’t got one already.

I strayed down the gas bbq path myself once, unless you’ve got at least £300+ to spend they are an underwhelming letdown.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Went to look at that Drac yesterday, great price but its very flimsy looking

Drac

Yeah that’ll be my worry.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

anything with a spindly little wire grill would be out for me.

theotherjonv

Went to look at that Drac yesterday, great price but its very flimsy looking

Sadly, if you’re planning on spending £100 those costs have to be saved somewhere. I had a cheap gas that lasted 4 years, by being looked
    after, stored in the shed at winter, etc. but it was rusted, creaky and horrible after 3. If you spend £100 treat it as a short term investment and expect it to go the same way, but if it’s a first foray into gas to see whether you like the turn on and off-ability, then try it.

I wouldn’t be without my gas now (and yes i also have a charcoal for other uses) and forked out the premium for a Weber this spring, and I have to say the £250 extra over a £100 one is IMHO money well spent.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Got a bargain in the end I think. Went to The Range in Warrington and saw this for £149 down from £300. Got another £15 off as there’s a small dent in the back bottom panel. Came with cover, bbq set, regulator and pipe. There’s one left there if anyone else is looking for one. Seems very good quality.

joat

Indoor BBQ?

mtbtom
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these:
    http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/outback-excel-2-burner-gas-bbq-246124

It won’t set the BBQ-ing world alight, but it’s got Lavarocks (which is a plus). The grill is an improvement over a basic wire grill – although not a cast iron one. Mine has lasted four years and will probably do at least one more.

Drac

Argos have some on offer too.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Now to find some gas. not sure of the process though. In the shop you buy a canister for £40 then buy a fill of gas for £27. Seemed steep so went online and gasdeals do a medium sized canister for £25 including gas but not sure if it will fit or are they universal fitting?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any good gas bbq offers?’ is closed to new replies.