Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone seen any good brake deals about?
  • letmetalktomark

Ideally looking for SLX or above – should I be looking at Deore too?

Anyway …. Anyone see owt?

honourablegeorge

Evans are cheapest I’ve seen for SLX

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Zee from action sports.de although euro exchange screwed things a little.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Previous advice on here has been that Deore is excellent and SLX doesn’t offer that much more. That being said when I was in the market CRC has an offer on and extra money for SLX wasn’t much so that’s what I got. Can’t comment as I haven’t fitted them yet.

flaps
    Free Member

How much are you looking to spend?
    I needed to replace my pads on the old Shimano brakes and took it as an opportunity to upgrade to XT instead 😉 I like them, think they were only about £20 more than a set of SLX.

andyl
    Free Member

Merlin have an offer on Zee I think. Not sure how it compares.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

ribble have the slx £90
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/shimano-slx-m675-brake-lvrs-post-mount-calipers-set/?currency=GBP&gclid=CPfmkJTBgc4CFcsp0wod5yUAWw

but they are doing a refer a friend at the moment were the new buyer gets £10 off £50 spend and the sender gets a £10 voucher

I can send you a link if you like :0)

m615 are £70 on merlin,

binners

Merlin have some good deals on at the moment

I just bought a set of XT’s to finally bin the Avids on the hardtail. SLX are 100 squids for a front and rear set

mindmap3
    Free Member

Deores at bloody brilliant.

They turned out to be the most reliable of the new Shimano brakes that I’ve had (XT 785, Zees and XTR trails).

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

it seems all prices are going up, the fx rates are not in our favour and wiggle and crb merge is limiting competition.

slx m675 i’ve bought two pairs in the last few years £75 & £82, but along with the XT M785 they are getting old model now

may be worth looking at the SLX M7000 Disc Brakes due out anytime.

I got some XT m8000 at easter for £110, now seem to be £130 everywhere.
    had to rebleed them, i do like them, although after another two months i think they may need a bleed again

if you are using slx/xt 10 speed shifters then the older m675 are ispec b (perfect), but if you are looking for 11 speed to connect the shifters its an ispec II connection which the m7000/m8000 range have.

thepodge
    Free Member

I just got some sram level brakes through my lbs at about 40 quid less than SLX prices but they were fitted so not sure what actual retail would be

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any good brake deals about?’ is closed to new replies.