Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone seen any deals/cheap CX bikes? Under £500 in smaller sizes
  • clubber
    Free Member

My sister is after a road bike to do a duathlon and then ride after but I reckon a CX bike would probably be a better choice as it’ll be more versatile after the duathlon.

Trouble is that the budget is £500, ideally less and CX bikes still to rarely hit those price points. Anyone seen any good deals out there in smaller sizes (she’s 5’7″)

matt-lewis
    Free Member

This maybe a bit cheeky but I have for sale my Cannondale 105 Caadx bike in a 51cm if you’re interested. I’d let it gor for £500 since I have just bought a new superlight one and would like to get rid of my alloy one. It’s in excellent condition and I’ve got some photos if you’re interested.

Matt

BadlyWiredDog

If it’s not weight critical, check out the Verenti Substance at Wiggle. It’s a disc-braked, steel-framed, cross bike with a decent spec – the OE tyres are rubbish slow and it’s a little heavy, but it’s nice all-rounder and £528 if you have platinum discount, erm, £600 if you don’t have a Wiggle habit…

]http://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-substance-sora-2014-free-lifeline-basic-kit

rOcKeTdOg

That Jamie from here was selling a small TCX iirc

clubber
    Free Member

I think she’s keen to buy new at the moment but thanks for the offers.

cloudnine
    Free Member

You ‘ll struggle to get a new half decent spec cx bike for that.
    Would talk your sis into 2nd hand.

clubber
    Free Member

That’s what I’ve figured – just want to check I’ve not missed anything.

aP
    Free Member

5’7″ isn’t small….

clubber
    Free Member

Good point 🙂 I forget that I’m tall sometimes… I call her shortarse.

Northwind

It’s a long shot now but Halfords “found” some old stock Voodoo Limbas and cleared them out for £400 last year, there’s a chance they’ll still have some. The 54 wasn’t tiny but it was a bit too small for me at 5’10 so might do the job, and the spec was ridiculous for the money- 10 speed 105, carbon form, carbon/scandium frame, open sports… Lovely. Wish it had fitted 🙁

dknwhy

I got my Boardman CX comp for under £500 with a 10% sale and British cycling discount. Quidco on top too…

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Clubber

I have a 2014 Giant TCX SLR 2 cx bike for sale. Just a little over your budget but drop me a note and we can see if we can do some deal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any deals/cheap CX bikes? Under £500 in smaller sizes’ is closed to new replies.