Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone see The Cult tonight?
  • zippykona

Liked all the pre Electric stuff.
    Duffy is still shit hot.
    Astubury had developed some sort of tourettes yelp.

senorj

Was it good?
    I went to the Albert hall for the Love tour – which was emotional – Jamie Stewart /Mark Brezicki content.
    Was very tempted but £35 !!! holey moley.

mightymule
    Free Member

No – but I am HUGELY jealous.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw them on the Love tour (if that matters). I can remember Astbury’s stupid American accent between songs. “Howya doin’ Ports-MOUTH?!”. Pillock.
    Duffy was awesome though.

senorj

Still tickets left for tonight.
    hmmm ,could be worth it just to see the falcon….. 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

I saw them do love – it was terrible

DezB
    Free Member

In 1985??

Coyote
    Free Member

Dreamtime and Love are two of my favourite albums of all time however all that followed was rubbish. Saw them on the Love tour and it was awesome. I prefer to remember them when they were good.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Going tonight 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I prefer to remember them when they were good.

I’m like that with all bands.

devs
    Free Member

I saw them do the Love album in its entirety a couple of years ago in Edinburgh. It was amazing. I saw them at Download not too long aafter and they were merely ok. I should have seen them last weekend in Glasgow but was ill. My pals said they were pretty good. Astbury has always been a bit unpredictable and hatstand. Love is one of the best albums ever, there’s not a bad song on it. Nothing since by them has come close.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I saw them at the UEA on this Tour and Duffy was amazing, Astbury had disappeared up his own ass a bit, but he always was pretty random.

The Show was good, 2nd Half better with the mix of stuff.
    Seeing She Sells Sanctuary live was worth the admission price alone, the rest of the gig was a bonus 😀

binners

Saw them on the Electric tour in 86. Still one of the best gigs I’ve ever been too. They were awesome!!! I’d love to be going seeing them tonight

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I like the new album but Love was a bit of a classic, most inbetween not that great.

zippykona

Horse nation stole it last night. At the time I was really disappointed with heavy metal Cult and still am.
    They should have left Electric how it was without the cock rock make over

ThePinkster

I remember seeing them at he Sensateria in Brum, just before Love was released.

IIRC they were supported by Fields of the Nephilim & the Butthole Surfers.

Those were the days……

EDIT May have been Zodiac Mindwarp supporting, actually, thinking about it….

ononeorange

Aaaahhhh – would love to see them.

Dreamtime and love greatest albums – absolutely!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Saw Southern Death Cult at The Warehouse in Leeds 82ish, Death Cult at the Dortmunder in Leeds 83/4ish (might have been called The Cult by then, but they were def. still selling Death Cult merchandising). Also, saw their Love tour at Leeds Uni. which I think was about 1985?
    SDC / early Cult are certainly one of my favourite bands, but without doubt Astbury was/is the biggest arse ever.

zippykona

Astbury is definitely from L.A
    Leeds Area.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

He was a bit ropey last night! Still an enjoyable gig though, Billy Duffy was great 🙂

zippykona

Did he make that funny yelp through every song last night as well?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Cardiff in 1994 – ace!

tazzymtb

Astbury aint from leads area..he’s from heswall on the wirral. Saw the recent tour in wolves…nirvana, rain, horsenation, spiritwalker and she sells sanctuary totally class…electric stuff
    ..not bad.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Astbury aint from leads area..he’s from heswall on the wirral.

He’d desperately have you believe he’s from Canada.

akasteve
    Free Member

I went to the Rock City gig on Monday and it was ace.
    They played all of Electric except Born to be wild, which was no loss.
    King Contrary Man and Horse Nation blew me away.
    £22 quid for a tshirt was a bit steep but the fake ones outside were only a fiver.
    Felt a bit of a traitor buying one but never mind.
    With mention of The Nephilim above, anyone know if they are still worth watching I see they are playing Leeds soon. The Ceremonies live CD sounds ok.

zippykona

What’s The Neffies line up these days? Is it McCoys death metal brigade or is it back to the 80s when they were good?

eaststandlower
    Free Member

Saw them in 87 in Brum, can’t remember the venue, wasn’t the Power House though. Saw The Mission a month after. Never got to see The Sisters though……

tazzymtb

Last neph album was getting more like elizium again, nfd were worh a listen as thier singer was more McCoy tuan the great hatted one himself

CountZero

I prefer to remember them when they were good.

When was that, then?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone see The Cult tonight?’ is closed to new replies.