• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone see Ben Collins (Stig) on chasing classic cars last night (Ch5)
  • hora
    Free Member

Never really heard him speak before- only interviews. I mean whilst trying to describe a car, how it drives and be engaging. I was surprised.

I think we’ve found a new car presenter and with a certain credibility? (something Sue Perkins etc etc wouldn’t have).

failedengineer

Wasn’t that the ‘Classic Car Show’ with Quentin Wilson? Agree, he was good. But could he be as charming, likeable and Witty as Jeremy Clarkson?

scruff
    Free Member

Chasing Cwassic Cwars with Wayne Kwaweeny?

atlaz
    Free Member

Didn’t he do a bit on Fifth Gear and then not get his contract renewed?

djambo
    Free Member

is Ch5 still going?

hora
    Free Member

Thats it classic car show. Hes better than Chris Harris IMO

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I prefer Harris by a mile. Collins is very likeable and obv knows what he’s on about but wasn’t that great on 5th gear

craigxxl
    Free Member

Tried to present on Fifth Gear and bombed. Nearly as bad as Martn Brundle.

unovolo
    Free Member

Yep he was on Fifth Gear and was as dull as dishwater , nice enough bloke but not very engaging.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

*Edited

wrecker
    Free Member

Harris is actually interesting. Collins not so much.

hora
    Free Member

Could be that 5th gears production/style saps the life out of the subject. Lets not forget Beebs Topgear production team could almost produce ad like quality, creative panning, music etc which really helps back up a presenter. Along with the ideas.

5th gears is like having a good singer (who is great in a recording studio) having to sing alone on a stage live without a band.

Plato in a team joking, big effects etc could he fit in?

Would Hammond do well on his own in a 5th gear production?? No!

Harris- I can see his passion. Its just too nerdlike

Pook

I reckon Hammond and May can carry top gear alone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone see Ben Collins (Stig) on chasing classic cars last night (Ch5)’ is closed to new replies.