Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone running windows 7 with 512mb of ram.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If so what does it run like.?

craigxxl
    Free Member

No but it would be dog slow.

timothius
    Free Member

Would be painful. What computer do you have? Most are easily (and cheap) to upgrade.

allthepies
    Free Member

No, 4GB here and an i7 processor 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

I’m not sure anyone doing so would actually be able to post 😉

z1ppy

I’m running it on a pre dual core with 1gb of ram fine, bugger all loaded on the machine though, but my xp machine (full of crap) is running like a dog with 512mb. So I doubt it would be much cop. I know memory’s not hugely expensive but I’d prefer to put cash into a new machine (scan’s £200 pc deals are very tempting) than prob an old one up

Tiboy

Mine’s not exactly blistering with 4GB, so as above I dread to think what it’d be like with 512MB, and don’t even think about running word!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Not my pc it’s for a friends laptop so upgrade out of the question. Just wondered.

jasterixstrange
    Free Member

Windows 7 is designed to work around your build. It’d be no slower than XP … but the OS would omit parts of the desktop to keep things running smooth.

I have a triple boot machine with XP, 7 and Ubuntu and I still use XP everytime.

Cougar

I have a triple boot machine with XP, 7 and Ubuntu and I still use XP everytime.

Seems like a waste of disk space, then.

W7 is supposed to play nicely with lower spec hardware. Natural scepticism aside, I’ve yet to disprove this.

Assuming you can’t upgrade the RAM due to chipset limitations, ReadyBoost might help here.

spacemonkey

Hmm, never had any joy with ReadyBoost – nor have I heard much that “proves” it really makes any noticeable difference.

_tom_
    Free Member

My laptop w/512mb ram wouldn’t even run the thing that checks whether your hardware will be ok for Windows 7 😆

fwiw it runs a lot faster than XP on my other laptop (1GB ram, single core pentium m processor), and looks so much nicer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running windows 7 with 512mb of ram.?’ is closed to new replies.