Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone running new fox 36's
  • neil29679
    Free Member

Only a couple of rides in on my 36’s and I am still playing about (blindly) with the setup. So far I haven’t got the small bump sensitivity were ide like. I’ve set sat as required and started out with the compression settings as recommended on the fox guide. From there I’ve removed some lsd to try and fine tune.
    Not sure if I should be trying less air with more damping or the other way round to get it were I want. Not used to a firm with thus much adjustability.

Any thoughts?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Yes I have two of them.

What travel are the ones you have and what wheel size? It took me ages to get the small bump sensitivity how I wanted.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Yes got them on new Bronson, from 34 floats to 36 rc2’s I kept dropping pressure until the sensitivity was there & just kept adjusting lsc though I have thought about getting the new low friction seals TFT are doing though not sure if they’re any better than Fox’s own seals.

One huge difference is the support of the forks, incredible how they don’t dive like the old 34’s I had.

Milkie
    Free Member

Still waiting for the 2015 Fox 36 180/140 TALAS to come out. 👿

If they ever come out, I’ll head to BPW and get the guys there to set them up. 😉

AlexSimon

Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much until they’ve been run in for a few rides.

neil29679
    Free Member

Excuse the auto spell errors above. They are 170 rc2 650b. Will try less air and see how it goes. Out of interest. How low ate u guys running psi. Think I’m about 65psi for approximately 85kg but can’t quite remember. Think I may need to start again and keep note

benpinnick

Unless you’re a pixie the air spacers are probably wrong for your weight. Add air spacers (at least 1 blue) so that you can run lower pressures and more sag.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

as above – get the air volume sorted… you can then run them soft, and still have the ramp-up and support you want. i dropped 15psi IIRC with some volume spacers in there.

LoCo
    Free Member

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html setup guide.

Have float RC2 2015 36, you need to concentrate on the sag setup, rebound & low speed compression. go 4 or 5 clicks on high and low speed comp. as a starting point.
    Look at air spacers last, also it’ll take a dozen rides to properly bed them in.
    My favorite forks from the last couple of years models 😀

EDIT: keep a note of settings & change one thing at a time, one or two clicks at a time & keep a note as it’s easy to get in a pickle and loose track of where you are 😉

cubemeup
    Free Member

iv had mine since december and im still playing about with them.
    im running 1 orange and 1 blue spacer in with about 90psi.

neil29679
    Free Member

They are oem 170mm thought I read somewhere that 170 came with one or two spacers pre installed?. Anyhow I’ll let them bed in and see. Thanks for the guide LoCo, think I started with about 8 or 9 then removed some. But I’ve lost track now

RickDraper
    Free Member

Did you get your 36 feeling how you wanted it Neil?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone running new fox 36's’ is closed to new replies.