Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone running Krampus forks/rims/tyres ?
  • takisawa2

So I had a few hours round Cannock yeterday trying out this lovely…

IMAG1522 by pten2106, on Flickr

IMAG1523 by pten2106, on Flickr

It was a bit too big for me (its a Large), but I was blown away by how it rode. So smooth. Expected it to be lethargic, & hard work but had little trouble keeping up with my friends (both on Yeti’s…SB66 & a 29erFS something or other). They were pleasantly surprised when they tried it out. Felt it through the wrists, but this was 3 hours in & I rarely get to ride for that long anyway.

Not sure about going over to a Krampus totally, but really keen to look at running the forks, front wheel & tyre on my SIR.9.

Anyone running such a set-up ?

I’m thinking the Rabbit Hole rim might go on the back of my SIR.9 with the 2.35 Ralphs I currently use.

takisawa2

mos

Not ridden one myself but i’m interested to hear what the steering is like?

singlespeedstu

RH rims back and front with a Knard on the front and Ardent 2.4 rear here.

Great fun but about the same weight as my geared fatbike.

cider house bimble. by multispeedstu, on Flickr

takisawa2

mos…steering was spot on. Had no trouble round Cannocks Monkey Trail.

Stu…oooh, I remember that Jones when you posted the freshly built pics…gorgeous.

Any chance you could measure the inside width between your chainstays…
    I’ve not considered an Ardent, but the 2.35 Ralph comes up quite generous. Ever had it rub through flexing ?

Sam

I’ve been using a Knard on the front of my Gryphon (just fits in on a P35 rim) and really love it. So much so that the next batch of Swifts and Gryphons (due later this year) will have fully 29+ compatible forks. Also have a 29+ front and rear frameset in the pipeline, but that is some way further off – likely summer 2014.

julioflo
    Free Member

Sam, “Also have a 29+ front and rear frameset in the pipeline, but that is some way further off – likely summer 2014.”!!!!!

that’s the line we’ve all been waiting for someone to say!

rickmeister

You need to have a chat with Coastkid. I think he has been running a Krampus for a bit now and there are a couple more in East Lothian too…

There is also the b*stard some of a couple of bikes as Coastkid has a Krampug too..

letmetalktomark

@Sam – Does the P35 allow you to run lowish pressures without too mush “squirm”?

coastkid
    Free Member

I don`t own a Krampus Rick, not yet 😉
    Just had wee shots twice,

Got the KramPug though, Krampus rims and tyres (Rabbit Hole and 3″ Knard)
    built offset to fit a Surly Pugsley

A present from SURLY, 29+ Rabbit Hole, 3″ Knard, Pugsley offset wheelset by coastkid71, on Flickr

Loving it 🙂

KramPug NB Law 030 by coastkid71, on Flickr

SS but going 2×9 with bash soon, and a steel Jones Truss fork i have, These wheels are way more fun on regular trails and singletrack around here than with regular 4″ fat, just faster, lighter, and roll and roll and roll 🙂
    Only handicap is Knards are dry tyres, and not much good in gloop here, ok on Peat though like Cheviots etc…
    Roll on the Dirt Wizard tyres to be released soon

If your bored some film…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVPEo3m4wRo[/video]

Trails like this are fun on the 29+ set up… need gears for more speed!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EHV2Rv_0RU[/video]

And some Pugsley to KramPug waffle to read 😆

http://coastkid.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/meet-new-boss-same-as-old-boss-surly.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running Krampus forks/rims/tyres ?’ is closed to new replies.