• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tang.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone running full mudguards on a Cotic Roadrat?
  • brooess
    Free Member

How do you fit the rear ones so you can get the wheel out easily to fix a puncture?
    I may need a new commuter bike soon and torn between a Genesis (Croix de Fer or CDA) or a Roadrat. Roadrats are lovely to ride but if wheel changes are a hassle it’s no use for a commuter for me…

riddoch

Yes, there is enough room/flex to get the wheel out. Not tried it in anger yet though.

scruff
    Free Member

Leave an inch or so between the tyre and the guard at the back so you can pull the wheel out. Mech hanger on horizontal dropouts is more of a faff.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I did. Makes it a right bugger to get the back wheel out, which was about 1/3 of the reason I sold the bike.

simondbarnes

Just use some SKS Secu stay things on the back. You can pop the guard out, makes removing the wheel dead easy. Did this on my pompino and now my genesis flyer.

tang
    Free Member

I did years back with sks full wrap(sold now). I found it all a fiddle but after the felt tip pen spacer and long bolt to get to the guard mount the easiest way was to take the skewer out and prise the drop outs apart and so the wheel drops straight down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running full mudguards on a Cotic Roadrat?’ is closed to new replies.