• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone running conti MK II as ghetto tubeless?
  • sam_underhill

Just wondering how they are running? I’d be tempted by of protection black chilli variety (prob 2.2 size) with some stan’s.

honourablegeorge

Is it still Ghetto tubeless if you’re using Stan’s rims? I’d see that more as a middle class tubeless, that’s doing fairly allright for itself, maybe looking to move out to the coutnry.

sam_underhill

Is it still Ghetto tubeless if you’re using Stan’s rims? I’d see that more as a middle class tubeless, that’s doing fairly allright for itself, maybe looking to move out to the coutnry.

You are probably right. But the tyre part in isolation is technically ghetto as it’s being used for something other than the designers’ intent.

Either way, anyone using MK II in a “slightly middling doing alright for itself ghetto” manner?

MSP

The “protection” and RS versions are tubeless ready so would be fine, I run protection on the rear and RS up front, the RS is a bitch to seal up though, and IMO a bit too light for the rear.

sam_underhill

What does “tubeless ready” mean for conti tyres? Just that they haven’t got really pourus sidewall and don’t need loads of milk to seal?

MSP – Are you happy with the tyres?

MSP

It means they have a kevlar bead that fits snugly and doesn’t stretch, but do have porous walls that take a lot of sealing.

I am happy with the tyres in use, the RaceSport version was a PITA to seal the walls, but are very light, the protection version walls sealed easily.

sam_underhill

ta. How did you find them when inflating them initially regarding getting the tyre seated? I’ve only every used Maxxis tyres tubeless and they’ve been fairly easy to get inflated and then some jiggling with stan’s to seal the sidewalls.

Although I’ve now got a home brew tubeless inflater built from a 3l fizzy pop bottle. This has made seating tyres a doddle.

MSP

again the protection was easy enough, the racesport took a fair bit more effort but still went on with a track pump and some soapy water.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running conti MK II as ghetto tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.