Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone running a rigid 69'er ?
  • the_lecht_rocks

?

thoughts ?

bedmaker

not at the moment but I have been running my OO ti29er with a 26 back wheel for ages now, both rigid and sus. Its good.

Im about to go for custom steel to replicate the feel of it but with a 29 wheel out back(low bb, slackish, short stays)

the_lecht_rocks

my hummer SS is currently running 26 / 26 on an on-one CF 26" fork, but i'm about to slap on a 29" front wheel to elevate the BB a wee bit and slacken the HA.
    just curious about peoples thoughts…….. 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

My Fisher had the 26/29" combo with 26" Bonty alu fork, good but unruly with a kid at the back. Building a 456SS in a 69er mode with 26" CF On-One fork, should be fun.

oldgit
    Free Member

Used to run a Carver 96er fully rigid, it was fast in XC stuff but bucked like a horny Donkey on rocky rooty stuff.

Clink

Im about to go for custom steel to replicate the feel of it but with a 29 wheel out back(low bb, slackish, short stays)

Who's making that then? Any pics on the ti29er with the 26" rear?

bedmaker

Who's making that then?

Me. Columbus 29er specific tubes and 83mm BB shell ordered! Won't be starting it for a few weeks yet but I'll put a report on here if it is a successful project.
    Of course, if I botch it all up I'll keep quiet and mumble sheepishly if anyone asks how Im getting on with it.

tonto
    Free Member

I have my v.old hummer set up with a carbon fork and a 29" wheel, I really like it.
    I also have oldgits old carver but that has a reba on it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Love it. Great around Lordswood, the New Forest, Swinley. Not sure it would be so great on rocky stuff. Also running it fixed at the moment which is interesting off road

the_lecht_rocks

wca – is that a 69'er or a 29'er ?

mick_r

Mrs is very happy with her Carver 96 + Pace RC29 rigids. Has been running it for a few years, and no problems this weekend which consisted of Grizedale (descending rocky stuff Parkamoor – Satterthwaite) and Lee Quarry race yesterday.

Still undecided on geometry – I had a day with a Giant 29er a few weeks ago and that had a much nicer steering feel – faster with no steering "flop" but not at all twitchy. But the downside was that the Giant felt it had to be physically steered round everything with the bars where the Carver can make more use of body weight.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Carver 96er – custom Ti Frame

69er
    Free Member

Kona Unit 29er here. Perfect winter bike. As maintance free as you can get and lots of fun.

ssboggy

I ran a Inbred ss last winter with RC31 forks 440mm long and a 29 inch front wheel and it rode great

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

96er feels like a 26" bike but better rolling
    29er feels too big and awkward

IMHO

the_lecht_rocks

WorldClassAccident – Member

96er feels like a 26" bike but better rolling
    29er feels too big and awkward

IMHO

great news then – looking forward to dropping in the 29" front and running it in the muck.
    fwiw , the Hummer needed a bigger wheel up front on the rigid forks, as it was just a tad too steep, although incredible fun on fast smooth singletrack 😀
    i'm hoping the 29" front will clear jutts better and slow down the steering just a tad.
    is this going to be the case from those with experience ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a rigid 69'er ?’ is closed to new replies.