Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone running a front wheel boostinator kit?
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Looking at replacing my frame soon so will inevitably be a boost rear end. I have no issues with the rear boostinator kits – they look like an improvement over a non-boost hub in a non-boost frame in that the re-dishing of the wheel improves spoke angles. I was going to run with my non-boost fork up front, however I’m potentially now looking at a new set of forks to keep my current forks with my current frame to make the sale easier, which will probably be boost too as it seems hard to find any new non-boost forks, so is anyone running the front wheel boostinator kits? Again the re-dishing looks to improve spoke angles. I know I’m probably better off replacing wheels with boost hubs but my current wheelset is pretty new and I don’t have a problem breaking wheels so while boostinator kits might not result in a wheel as strong as a full on boost hub’d wheel, they’ll be fine for me.

DrP

I’m running a standard hope pro2 evo with the hope boost converter..

Redishing the wheel does put the rim more between the flanges, so yes, stronger.
    It looks ‘normal’ too..i.e you wouldn’t think there’s anything wrong with the setup.

HTH

DrP

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Thanks, sounds like a goer then. Didn’t want to have to replace wheels too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a front wheel boostinator kit?’ is closed to new replies.