Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone running 2.5 Maxxis minion dhf in a non-boost Yari / Lyrik?
  • joebristol

As above – has anyone tried fitting the above tyre in a Non-boost 2016 Yari or Lyrik?

There’s a bit of debate about whether it would fit or not. If it does fit, also is there any mud clearance / room for an enduro guard type mudguard?

Rim it’d be going on is a Dt Swiss E1900 with a 25mm internal diameter.

I don’t like the dhr2 2.35 that’s on there now – it’s too squared off and goes from loads of traction to breaking away too quickly. Would prefer a more rounded off profile on a front tyre.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d imagine so, I had a 2.8nn on a wtb i35 rim that fitted in a 2016 non boost lyrik.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Running one in a 2017 non-boost Lyrik – no issues.

chiefgrooveguru

I have one in a 2014 Pike (less clearance than a Lyrik?) with a guard. It’s fine!

joebristol

Sounding good – think that’ll be my next front tyre then. Thanks for the replies!

sweaman2
    Free Member

Running 2.5 DHF WT in a non-boost pike with 41mm rims and it’s fine.

momo

2.5WT on 35mm internal rims in a non-boost 2017 lyrik running a marshgaurd flexi board hobby with no clearance issues.

joebristol

Sounding better and better for fitment. Just going to have to get one ordered up and have a go at changing a tubeless tyre for the first time

joebristol

So I went for it and there’s enough clearance, yey. If anything, side to side in the fork there’s not much difference to the 2.35 DHR2 that was in there before (now on the back in place of an aggressor for the winter). I’d say the new tyre sits taller in the middle of the arch, but there’s still clearance and there’s an enduro guard in there taking up a bit of space.

Itching to get out on the bike but no time until Wednesday night…..

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’m also looking at the 2.5WT 29er and wondering if there’ll be room in a Fox 34 fork….

joebristol

I’m not sure how big a fox 34 fork is – I’ve only ever run marzocchi or Rockshox – but aren’t 29er forks a bit more spacious?

I wouldn’t say it’s blown up particularly large either.

joebristol

Here’s the size vs a 2.35 dhr2 (on the back of the bike vs the front), and then a couple of pictures through the Yari.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Sweamrs has 29 x 2.5 DHF WT in a Fox 34 without any issues. Mounted on Stan’s Flow mk3.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks guys, looks like the 2.5 WT is an option for me too then!

chiefgrooveguru

Here’s the size vs a 2.35 dhr2

It’s a DHR2 2.3 not 2.35 – it’s only old Maxxis tyres like the original High Roller that come in a 2.35″.

As I was just in the garage I measured the tyres currently on my bikes (all on 27.5 Flow EX 25.5mm internal width rims)

Minion DHR2 2.3 = 57.5mm (2.26″)
    High Roller 2 2.4 = 60mm (2.36″)
    Minion DHF 2.5 = 62mm (2.44″)

joebristol

I stand corrected – you are right chief. Not sure where I got 2.35 from.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running 2.5 Maxxis minion dhf in a non-boost Yari / Lyrik?’ is closed to new replies.