Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone Run Ti Forks on a MTB?
  • beamends
    Free Member

yes the title says it all really,before i go and splash the cash has anyone on here actually riden a set? are they nice or will they flex like a flexy thing. has anyone snapped a pair?

I do want to satisfy my titanium fetish here but could spend the cash elsewhere like getting my forks serviced which is probably the sensible thing to do.

so yes your thoughts, opinions and general abuse all welcome please

nedrapier

Ones you’ll see more often are the jones type truss forks. Seems the material lends itself better to that design?

rewski
    Free Member

there was a thread about this the other week, with some horror stories. I’d go carbon rigid and get those stonking thomson ti handlebars

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had some of the first – IRDs in 1990. They were too flexy TBH (1″ tubes in a alu crown) but sold on well.

My on one carbons (not the current one piece) are a better balance of flex/stiffness.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

I’ve had Ti forks on my Ti Inbred for about 10 yrs with no problems at all. They’re OnOne forks so not especially high end or blingy but they do the job. I had Pace rigid carbon forks on before that but they got mangled in a crash.

beamends
    Free Member

hmmm conflicting options i see…

basically ive just won a ti frame with the option of grabbing ti forks aswell of same seller, i am expecting some flex and am tempted the take the plunge and grab the ti forks aswell, unsure of make perhaps chinease specaials?

cheeky link for anyone who cares – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genesis-Altitude-Titanium-MTB-Frame-17-5-VGC-/151149293624?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ws1%252FxbApIjkBb8VRd%252F3CNnT%252BgF8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

if it was purely a weight saving exercise id go for carbon but worried about trashing them the first time i come off..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had some of the first – IRDs in 1990. They were too flexy TBH (1″ tubes in a alu crown) but sold on well.

I’ve still got mine, they still are flexier than a flexy thing.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

The forks in the genesis look like burls designed ones that you get from Clee cycles – if they are azzy has some on his blacksheep and he loves them- they certainly look sturdy enough!!

yunki
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about damaging ti forks in a crash than I would carbon!

Babyjack
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/titanium-forks-for-29er-jl-wittson-black-sheep
    I have the torus/burls/clee ti fork, which I love. The nicest fork I’ve ever used.

Babyjack
    Free Member

Oh go on then,
    I’d be more worried about damaging carbon forks in a crash than I would Ti!

crazy-legs

I sold my Ti Saracen on here fairly recently (search my posting history, you’ll find the pics), that had some insanely light Ti rigid forks. You could see the flex under heavy braking and they got squirrelly on rocky hits but they were great forks. Still going strong after 10+ years use.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Run Ti Forks on a MTB?’ is closed to new replies.