Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone run Panracer TrailRaker PR as tubeless?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have had mixed success running non-tubless specific tyres as tubeless.

Basically I just pour in some Stand No-Tubes and pump them up. Some work fine while others never seem to really seal and I get fed up with pumping them up before every ride.

So, anyone tried this sucessfully with Panracer TrailRaker PR 1.95?

mintimperial

The PR is the folding bead one, right? That’s the one I’ve got.

I was planning on trying to run it tubeless on my spare rear wheel, but given that I nearly blew the tyre off the rim with an inner tube at 40 PSI, I think I’m unlikely to succeed. The tube ended up poking out between the tyre bead and the rim, and it all looked evenly seated before I inflated it. This is on a Mavic XM117. It depends on the rim as well, so you might have more success on something different. It seems happy enough at about 30 PSI with the tube in it though, I’ve done a few moderately bumpy miles on it and had no problems so far.

thefallguy
    Free Member

I ran these last winter on DT 4.2 rims with a stans rimstrip with no issues apart from them being tricky to seat/inflate for the first time.

However….when I came to put them back on at the start of this winter the beads must have stretched slightly and they proved impossible for me to seat, despite numerous cans of co2 and a compressor.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Have run them ghetto tubeless on Mavic 371 (I think) and they’ve been fine. Pressure around mid 30’s. They were a loose fit.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well they seated with the first CO2 canister. Pumped up to 45psi without issue though I will run it lower normally.

Not sure of the rims as they are what came with the Phil Wood hub I bought here,

I will leave it an hour or so and see what it is like.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Seems to stay up and rides okay

peachos
    Free Member

i thought panaracer were generally poor for tubeless – that’s what JRA and a few of my mates have said and i to ghetto a rampage with no success.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah I personally wouldn’t risk running Panaracer non-tubeless tyres tubeless. They’re notorious for rolling off, a PITA at best and the potential for a serious injury.

brassneck

Tried and failed – when they did inflate they leaked so much air overnight I had no confidence in them. I’d stick with a proper UST trailraker myself.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Let’s see what tomorrow brings

greasystain
    Free Member

What FuzzyWuzzy said.

singletrackmind

I had trouble with floppy cock Trailwrecker PR’s. Soooo loose on the rim any braking caused the tyre to rotate on the rim and rip the valve out of the tube.
    I really think any harsh riding will roll the tyre off the bead resulting in a large burp , or total instant deflation.
    NB was on Mavic CrossLand wheels.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone run Panracer TrailRaker PR as tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.