Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone run a Cotic Soul with 100mm forks?
  • squeezer
    Free Member

I’m investing in a new frame and have decided to get a Soul…only thing is until I find a bit more ££££s I will need to run my old forks – 100mm Reba Teams – on the Soul…is this advisable?? Will the short forks make the bike too steep to descend??

Thanks all

Delbert
    Free Member

I’ve got Reba SL’s on my Soul and it’s great. Sometimes think a bit extra travel would be nice but until I can afford to upgrade the forks I’m happy with the Rebas.

rob2
    Free Member

Hi – don’t have a Soul but I think on Reba’s you can take out the spacers inside and increase the travel to 115mm.

Clink

Mates riding my old Soul with rigid carbons – I tried to get him to buy some other forks but he seems quite happy.

squeezer
    Free Member

Cheers Delbert…that sets my mind at rest. Not sure that my riding warrants more travel than I have at the moment!

simondbarnes

Not a Soul but my Soda is ace with 100mm Rebas.

cy

I run my Soul with 100mm forks. Tried all sorts, but much prefer it with 100mm.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve always run my Soul on 100mm – felt a bit too light at the front when climbing at 120mm, though that may have been me being a numpty at fork set up!

sodandy
    Free Member

Run my Soda with Reba Race set at 115mm and is sweet as. Have also tried it at 100mm and was still fine but slightly quicker steering.
    You should be able to your Reba at 115mm by removing the spacer on the air side so you have options already!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

One of the best things I ever did was fit some TALAS 90 – 130 forks. I honestly didn’t think I’d use the adjustment, but I do all the time. I’ll do a road ride tomorrow – wound down & locked out(yes but it’s training). A cross country ride thursday, wound down to 90, and Saturday up in The Peaks – I’ll be using the full 130.

🙂

squeezer
    Free Member

Sounds preety definitive – I won’t have a problem at 100m. Cheers all.

Anthony
    Free Member

Seeing as the frame is designed for 100-130mm forks they should be ideal!

ourmaninthenorth

I run 105mm (noodly ‘zocchis). Because of the long axle to crown, they are neither longer travel, not short axle to crowm.

Steve has a point – adjustable travel is a real benefit on a Soul. As – when I get round to spending some money – is having a stiff front end, which really gets the benefit of the geometry and twangy feel of the frame.

snakebite
    Free Member

Persuaded my Bro in law to ditch his full susser and get a Soul, he now has a custard job with 100mm forks, first ride this aft…just waiting for his assessment 😆

singletracksurfer

Gotta Soul with adjustable travel. Usually have it around 100 mark but crank it up for big descents if I remember. Reckon you’ll be fine.

Coasting
    Free Member

Its a gr8 bike with 100m forks and will handle most situations,ive found.In fact im sure i read somewhere that Cy runs his with 100 on the front.By the by its a lovely bike.

timwillows
    Free Member

Run my Soda with 100mm and its great, might try hopping the rebas out to 115mm when they next need a service

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone run a Cotic Soul with 100mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.