Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone run 800mm bars?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

What do you think? Considering an upgrade – currently running 760 on the bouncy bike and 711 on the hardtail, the ones on the hardtail feel far too narrow now and I’ve actually started to ride with the ends of my hands off the bars on the bouncer.

Looking at Blackspire 808 flats on CRC.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have some 785mm raceface sixc which I like, but wouldn’t want to go any wider.

stugus
    Free Member

I run 800 on my dh bike but not sure i’d like them on my trail bike. 750 on my turner 5spot.

flyingmonkeycorps

760 on the trailbike at the moment, and like I say they feel a bit small – I’m riding with my hands off the end of the bars. This is on wide rocky trails and fast jumpy stuff mostly though, I don’t do much right woodsy riding!

I can always cut the 800s down I guess anyway.

warns74
    Free Member

Bought and ridden Nukeproof warhead 800s on both my 29er hardtail and 29er full suss. Ended up cutting them both down to 780 which I find perfect.
    No harm in buying them and trying them out, easy enough to chop them down a little if you find them too wide.

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye, plus the flats are cheap enough on CRC that if I don’t like ’em it’s not the end of the world.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone run 800mm bars?’ is closed to new replies.