Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone rode Cwmcarn or Dalby singlespeed?
  • Bernaard
    Free Member

As it says really. Planning on going to both these during September and I am really enjoying SS'ing at the momenet with a view to going SS full time.
    I can cope with SS at Cannock and Llandegla without issue. Even managed some of the silly steep climbs in Cornwall without my knees falling off.
    I know they did the SS championships at Dalby, but I am no racer.
    I will be riding a 32/18 ratio 29er

Ta

firestarter
    Free Member

My mate guides round dalby on his ss no problems

br
    Free Member

You'll be fine at Cwmcarn, if you take advantage of the Uplift 😯

Megatron

I know they did the SS championships at Dalby, but I am no racer.

I think many of the people at ssuk09 (including myself) would not count themselves as racers 😛

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I know folk who do Cwmcarn SS all the time so you'll have no bother

mooman
    Free Member

Doing Cwmcarn ss is no problem. Boring for sure, but not a problem to do – but kinda a waste of the descents I would think..

With a couple more gears you could descend at speed .. not just roll down.
    Each to their own I guess though.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I ride dalby most weekends on my singlespeeds no problem.

There is only one climb you may struggle with and thats one on the black just before medusas drop.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I forgot about the last descent at Cwmcarn so will keep the gears for that.
    Will SS at Dalby though. Cheers

MrNutt
    Free Member

I can hold my hand up to having been overtaken on the Cwmcarn climb by a fella on a singlespeed, I'm not proud 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

I rode the SSUK09 course bar one very steep short climb near the end of the lap. I had drunk way too much the night before, thrown up at 07:00, taken about three shits and been unable to eat. I'm no racer and if I can manage it running on empty super hung over like that anyone should be ok.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

got my best ever race result (BUSA 08) at cwm carn on a SS – no bother. did dalby last week on a ss, it was fine, if a bit steep in places (black).

sheldona
    Free Member

Doing Cwmcarn ss is no problem. Boring for sure, but not a problem to do – but kinda a waste of the descents I would think..

With a couple more gears you could descend at speed .. not just roll down.

Falls off chair laughing.

sheldona
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to add, yes both more than doable and riding SS make trail centers more fun, ime

scant
    Free Member

cwmcarn has been "cleaned" in the bigring, also by a cyclo-x bike & a orange 223 DH bike. so yeh s.speed isnt too hard.

singlespeedstu

Sounds like you brake too much. Even a mincer like the 'tollah up there can get a bit of a rip on on the downy bits at Cwmcarn.

tomlevell

scant – Member

cwmcarn has been "cleaned" in the bigring

42:32 isn't a very big gear though ;0)

TomHill
    Free Member

I only have a singlespeed "xc" bike at the moment. It is perfect for around Dalby. None of the climbs are particularly steep or long. There are times a big ring would be nice, but just have to spin those legs! (32:16 on a 26inch wheel bike)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone rode Cwmcarn or Dalby singlespeed?’ is closed to new replies.