Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone riding with Wiggo on Sunday?
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

My first sportive. Looking forward to it.

Anyone done it before?

theteaboy
    Free Member

I did it last year. It was a great day out.

Brad caught me after about 70 miles and I rode with him to 78ish before dropping him on a descent (it was greasy, gravelly, dark and wet and I was on my cross bike with awful brakes and didn’t want to take him out if I crashed. Oh, and he was taking it very easy)

He caught me again a couple of miles later and I kept up for another 6 miles or so before being left for dead.

I was a bit starstruck and we ended up talking about the weather when I really wanted to ask about the Tour.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Sweet as man.

footflaps

Remember to congratulate him on winning the TdF twice 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Bonus points if you go past him on a descent shouting Frooooooooooooome (but in a vroooom type way)

trolleywheels
    Free Member

Me, I’m doing the 100 miler. Looking forward to it – hope the weather keeps like it is now!

tomhoward

If he’s at the stif demo day at stainburn, then yes.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Did it last year, a brilliant do and fantastic to ride with the big man. He signed my bike at that event which has been my pride ever since.

This year the girls are doing it too. Trott, King and Elenor plus Rowsell will be there but not riding with her broken collarbone.

Last year a highlight was seeing loads of 8 to 14 year old kids riding the short route on crap mountain bikes and Wiggins riding with them and giving them so much time and encouragement. Fantastic.

Just had a 2:40 run so not sure if I will make it this year but might try to.

C

hitman
    Free Member

before dropping him on a descent (it was greasy, gravelly, dark and wet

Sounds like the Giro this year! 🙂

In all seriousness that sounds like an awesome experience!

MrSparkle

Me and the Mrs did the 100k last year. I was 10th/723 but Mrs Sparkle spoke to Brad on the climb up Pendle! Aaaargh! Soooo jealous. I love Wiggo, me. In a very Hetero way.

ChrisE
    Free Member

got p way too late (8:30), sat in bed with Mrs ChrisE and coffee, then thought I’d do the ride, so rode from home to the Slaidburn road, made it to the Wray feed station just as it was closing, then made up some time and rode the route round to Whalley, then peeled off home again through Clitheroe, Sawley, Giggleswick. Had a fun time. Wanted to see Dani, Laura and Jo but just too late.

C

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding with Wiggo on Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.