• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Jamz.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone riding on Reynolds road wheels?
  • onandon
    Free Member

I fancy a 2015 Assault wheelset. Anyone riding them or other recent Reynolds ?

Just looking for some feedback on the hubs etc

Any good ?

nammynake
    Free Member

Yes been riding them for the last few months. Being wide rims and using them with 24mm S-Works turbo tyres gives a pretty comfy ride (80-85 psi) despite their inherent stiffness. I use them in the UK but haven’t used them abroad in the high mountains. Supposedly one of the best braking surfaces in terms of heat dissipation but I prefer the peace of mind of Alu rims in the Alps etc.

Oh and they look great 😉

onandon
    Free Member

I’m intending these to be a do it all wheel set for general riding. I did consider the deeper Strikes but I think a 60mm depth is a bit too much.
    It’s undulating round where I live so 40mm would be a better bet.

boblo
    Free Member

I have a pair of Assault SLG’s. No complaints here.

Jamz
    Free Member

I’ve got some 2015 strike SLGs and they’re fantastic! Very comfy, plenty stiff and most importantly they absolutely fly through the air. I’ve not ridden the Assaults but I did speak with a chap who had ridden the Aero 46 and 58 and he told me he wouldn’t even consider buying the 46 as the 58 was THAT much quicker. I decided to plumb for the Strikes (62mm) and not for one moment have I regretted the decision. I should think the different in climbing ability is marginal (I’ve never had a problem, but I don’t live anywhere super hilly – North Bucks) I think the Strikes come in under 1650g so they’re hardly heavy.

Hubs have been fine too!

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks jamz.

How’s the front end with 16 spokes? Stiff enough?
    What frame do you have them on

Jamz
    Free Member

I have no problems with stiffness. I’m only light to be honest (66kg) and I tend to be pretty smooth. I have a set of Racing Zeros too which are bloody stiff, too stiff in fact, but the Strikes are just lovely. They’re fitted to a Specialized Tarmac S Works SL3, not exactly a forgiving frame, but they complement it very well.

It the weather is decent and Im going on a Z1 recovery ride I tend to take the S Works over my steel Genesis Equilibrium because the Strikes are more comfortable than my Equilibrium with alloy clinchers, even when pootling along at 14mph! (if you’ve ever ridden in North Bucks you’ll know that some of the roads here are probably comparable with those of the Gaza Strip…)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding on Reynolds road wheels?’ is closed to new replies.