Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Anyone riding in the rain today?
  • matty456
    Free Member

Well I was all set to go but it’s really pissing down here in Kent!

Guitar, xbox and christmas socks seem a good option!

No?

Dancake
    Free Member

I have been cooped up with my Wonderful Wife and Child for days and days…

Today, I am FREE.

The bike is in the Shed with shiny new bits ready to go.
    The dog is on my lap and it is sooooo cosy here. What to do, what to do…?

theflatboy
    Free Member

to and from work. windy and rainy but entertaining and deserted roads. 🙂

trevron73
    Free Member

Raining here in Camber ,the wifes at work ,i might hit Bedgebury around 1pm for a little mud plugging on my Beast,

matty456
    Free Member

Might be at Bedgebury Sunday, looks like it might not be raining!
    It’ll be muddy as hell though!

motorman
    Free Member

Bunch of ‘kin mincers.

Raining yeh?……get out there & enjoy it!

fd3chris
    Free Member

Pouring here in MK so I doubt it 🙁

charliedontsurf

Nah… It’s horrible out there and my stuff is still damp from previous attempts.

Gonna build a few bikes instead. Surly ogre in 24″ and hopefully the ritchey road frame too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Raining yeh?……get out there & enjoy it!

Said the person obviously not out in the rain at this point in time.

matty456
    Free Member

Yep decision made. Tinkering in garage, guitar, xbox and warm dry christmas socks.
    Today I admit I am a southern pansy!

sprocker
    Free Member

seems at the minute that if you do not ride in the rain you will not ride at all.

ontor
    Free Member

I’m cooking more food including a roast for lunch so no riding for me. Might be able to sneak out this afternoon.

motorman
    Free Member

Said the person obviously not out in the rain at this point in time

But I will be once Mrs Motorman take over child care duties later.
    Mincers.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Yes, 45 mile road ride this morning, 40 miles yesterday, 3 mile run last night. Yesterday wasn’t bad, but its blowing a gale today.

matty456
    Free Member

This afternoon I will be venturing out! I have decided to MTFU! (as long as it’s not raining)!

boxfish
    Free Member

I would be out (honest!) but I’m stuck behind a desk. It’s also the one day a year that I drive to work rather than ride. What with working away and then Christmas, I’ve only been out riding once in 3 weeks…oh dear. 🙁

I suppose I could go for a soggy night ride later…

faz083
    Free Member

had a road ride planned, tore myself away from warm bed, shower, into bibs… come back, pick up phone and he’s bailed on me as “its too wet”. I was quite up for it.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I was quite up for it

You could have gone on your own?

matty456
    Free Member

Whilst on the rainy subject, how do you go about reproofing jacket and shorts?

Jamie
    Free Member

But I will be once Mrs Motorman take over child care duties later.
    Mincers.

Pffft. A non-mincer would pop the kids in the camelbak, and head out into the maelstrom.

oldgit
    Free Member

God no, a few hours on the turbo in the warmies to try and bring my aching legs back to life.

Tell you what though, I’m having a bag of chips right after race team training tomorrow whatever the weather.

Vortexracing

going to try, depends on what er’indoors has planned for me 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Pontificating about it. It may do wonders for my miserable-itis virus.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Yup. To work and back only though.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Yup. To work and back only though.

highlandman
    Free Member

3C and sleeting when I left the house for the 17 miles to work this morning. Going to be about 7C and wet for the ride home later. Filthy roads, covered in mud washed out from the fields.
    Just get on with it, it’s only a wee bit of water..

andrewh
    Free Member

Only to and from work for me too. Was raining quite a lot this morning but I’m only just able to ride again after an injury so desparate to get out on the bike and I really couldn’t face driving to work again. Why do people do it? 8 miles, mostly A road, and the bike is still quicker.
    Note: much better now we have a clothes drying cupboard at work.

Alex

Been out. Third day in a row. Malverns wet, very windy and muddy off the ridge. Problem was the wind on the ridge was mental! Still had a good couple of hours trying not to get blown off (fnar) the trail. No riding tomorrow but back out Sunday whatever. All good 🙂

My washing machine, however, is in therapy.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Working today, unfortunately, but looking forward to riding on Arran tomorrow. Not ridden since christmas eve, and I’m bursting to get out. Only thing that will stop me is if the ferries are off, which, looking at the forecast, is entirely possible.

If so, I’ll ride locally, rain, hail or shine.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

but looking forward to riding on Arran tomorrow

Hope its not a loop round the island on road! Windy, windy.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Today no, tomorrow I’ll be going over Beda Fell and doing the Ullswater singletrack…

iainc

Good luck with the ferry Greg 🙂 . closest I have been to a bike ride in a week was retaping bars on CX this morning. Family stuff on tomorrow but definitely riding sun, whatever the weather

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Tomorrow, a full day in the quantocks!!

Should be nice in the afternoon 🙂

ask1974
    Free Member

30km local loop then walked into the cafe and received some great looks from drier patrons, felt drowned but very good. Pretty happy with wet / cold weather gear now so unless it’s truly hostile usually get out. Wind is the killer and not too much of that today. Sorry no pics but being covered head to toe in water, mud and sand is no condition for using electronics…

Swinley Sunday 😀

timraven

seems at the minute that if you do not ride in the rain you will not ride at all

Just back from a couple of hours, including a bit of trail clearance, intermittent rain here. Doesn’t hurt, honest.

Though I too am worried about the washing machine 😆

Alex

I feel this is an appropriate time to re-post this from my Boxing Day ride

That’s not going to do the hub bearings much good by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

TimR – maybe we can set up a ‘washing machines anonymous’ where abused and gritty machines can get together ‘Hello my name is Miele and it’s been 2 day since he last through in all his horrible kit’ 😉

proutster
    Free Member

Not raining here today, although it is pretty wet. But we’re not made of sugar are we? Great fun..

Just back from a 15 mile loop around Macc Forest, as soon as I got half-way up to Charity Lane I disappeared into the cloud. Found a new bit of Singletrack through the forest that one of the DH guys had told me about – it’ll be good when it dries out 🙂

Pics from the ride:

Friendly Ram

Some Deer – alright, they’re not wild but they were nosey!!

Three Shires Head in full effect

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

It’s been raining incessantly all week which is why I’m glad I’m doing the Festive500 as without that I’d have no motivation to get out there to be honest. I really want hydraulic disc brakes to come out sooner on road bikes. They are essential for this weather. I almost killed myself descending a steep hill with a tail wind into Eastbourne the other day. I couldn’t stop and went straight through a set of red lights over a road crossing. Sure I suprised the driver of a car who almost ran into me. I felt extremely guilty but there was nothing I could do.

Mackem

Dragged myself out today. Nowt techy, just a zip along the waskerly way. Felt like a 40km ride going out, felt like 4km coming back. I hate the wind.

mogrim

Gorgeous sunny (albeit cold) day here in Madrid, had a lovely hour and a half run this morning.

HTH.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding in the rain today?’ is closed to new replies.